Respected Contributor

Re: Just venting..not a happy camper

Note to self: Don't tell ANYONE if I ever get a lake house, guesthouse or vacation home.

Holy smokes, people are something.

I am wondering if she called you to test the waters to see if you noticed they ate your food. 

Showing up at my house with dirty linens?    I would have laughed her right back into her car.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie Wow that is insane. No good deed goes unpunished is certainly true in this case.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Carmie It's hard to believe that this is even a true story, but I do believe you. So many people just baffle me now a days. What an ungrateful couple. What they should have done was left the place spotless and leave a vase of pretty flowers on the counter for you to thank you for your hospitality.  This story really take the cake. 

Trusted Contributor

Wow that's a bizarre story.  My husband always consults with me on such questions but I would never allow anyone to use my property especially in my absence and really especially if I didn't know them.  Since your husband invited them he should square things away with his coworker. You shouldn't have to be involved with the coworker or his wife at all.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:
I would tell your DH that he had better be prepared with a better answer if anyone wants to stay in one of your homes again; i.e., I will have to check with MY WIFE first, she may have other plans.

Especially if word gets around the work place that so and so has a place on the lake that he let us use for a week!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie

OMG!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Carmie

Caesar salad?  "Et tu brute?"