Honored Contributor

Re: Just venting..not a happy camper

[ Edited ]

@Carmie

Please tell me the man did tell your husband that they loved being able to stay there and that the place was really nice and they truly did appreciate it.

Your husband needs to speak to the man about how rude his wife was to you on the phone and I'm hoping there will be an apology.  Either from him for his wife's ignorance or perhaps your dh could suggest she call you.

There need be 'no rules in place' like some poster seems to think.  There is etiquette, plain and simple. 

Some people have it and some don't---and that is very clear (here).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To those posting that @Carmie and her husband should never have let the couple stay in their RV, a big duh. They obviously realize that now AFTER the fact.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

That is really stupid of them. I just hope your husband doesn't think their actions were fine, and not to make a big deal. Especially since he has to work with this guy. My husband is a leave it alone type person. I hope all works out .But why would she think she could do this again next year?. Did this guy pay your husband and not tell you about their deal?. Because she acted like you rent this RV out to people.

Respected Contributor

Lucky for you they didn't laundered your things, she may have ruined them. Not all of us launder the same.Some throw everything together.I knew some fools that washed throw rugs with other clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, I've heard stories of rude, ignorant people and their inconsiderate behavior, and I've come to one conclusion: manners and gratitude are no longer a part of the childhood education. I was taught specific behaviors growing up which dealt with never hurting people's feelings, treating people with kindness, always thanking people no matter what, taking care of other people's things, and if I borrowed something, I had to return it in equal or better condition than I got it. I was also taught you don't blatantly ask for something you have no right to request and you don't imposition others. Apparently, like everything else that made us exceptional  these common courtesies and treatment of our fellow human beings have gone by the wayside. I don't consider myself a paragon of virtue, but I have never made anyone my doormat.

Respected Contributor

Them getting an Rv and staying by you would have been a night mare. You alone time would not be the same. Some people can't just enjoy each other.I myself don't like a steady diet of the same people.

Respected Contributor

This would just fuel the fire.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I am not sure why some do not read the posts.  @Carmie said that she and her husband had a terrible experience in the past when he turned down a co-worker inviting himself and his family to vacation their home. 

You misread as well, it was his boss and family who wanted to stay, not a co-worker.

I suspect the woman's husband led her to believe that he paid to rent the RV for the week. It's the only thing that makes sense of her behavior

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Carmie

Please tell me the man did tell your husband that they loved being able to stay there and that the place was really nice and they truly did appreciate it.

Your husband needs to speak to the man about how rude his wife was to you on the phone and I'm hoping there will be an apology.  Either from him for his wife's ignorance or perhaps your dh could suggest she call you.

There need be 'no rules in place' like some poster seems to think.  There is etiquette, plain and simple. 

Some people have it and some don't---and that is very clear (here).

My DH has not seen his coworker since they were at our home dropping off laundry.  He was shocked when I told him what his wife said when she called.

He said Jim is a nice person and everyone likes him.  Jim did thank us when they were here.  He said they had a great time and really liked the RV and the campground and they were entertaining getting a place there.

i have no idea what happened.  It doesn't make sense to call a week after they came home to discuss and try to argue about a salad mix....very weird.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie   I wonder how many times they have taken advantage of other people.  No shame in their game. 

I appreciate the spacing with your original post.  It makes it very easy to read.  Some post everything in one paragraph and it's difficult to read