Respected Contributor

Just venting about a delivery

Happy Nappers are character sleeping bags for children that include a attached pillow I'm sure many have seen them, I don't have a picture to post (not quite sure how to do it)  I searched online to buy one for my 5 yo grandson, many stores were out of them or didn't have the shark bag ( I wanted one more suitable for a boy and that's what his mom wanted) I ended up ordering from the Happy Nappers website back on 12/6. I have not received it yet !  It was shipped on 12/13 via Fedx from CT and as of today it's in Indiana. I live in Mo. I called the Happy Nappers company and checked with Fedx but they have no idea when it will get here. So disappointed. I understand the problems with shipping due to the pandemic but everything else I ordered after 12/6 was here in time for Christmas. UGH !

Honored Contributor

Re: Just venting about a delivery

@Goodie2shoes.  All the shippers are having problems with excess, but in my experience, FedEx is the kiss of death for a package.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of packages in USPS limbo right now!

I have an Etsy business and still have 4 packages that have not been delivered...one was shipped on 12/8 with the last tracking update on 12/12.  

My mother mailed three holiday cards (with checks in them) from Fl to PA on 12/12.  I still haven't received any yet my brother who lives in St. Louis got his in two days.

I have a friend who sent me a message letting me know that she shipped me a gift and has not seen movement since 12/7.

I ordered a gift for my DD.  It went from a small shop in Philly down to Fl, now back up in the Philadelphia USPS distribution center...still waiting for it to arrive to my home which is in the Philly suburbs.

USPS as well as the other shipping companies have been having a lot of workers call out sick plus more packges than ever before....they are ALL way behind!

Honored Contributor

Oh goodie! 

Honored Contributor

You'll get it but already know that no one can tell you when.  Be thankful that this is the only thing your purchased that is stil on it's way.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Happy Nappers are character sleeping bags for children that include a attached pillow I'm sure many have seen them, I don't have a picture to post (not quite sure how to do it)  I searched online to buy one for my 5 yo grandson, many stores were out of them or didn't have the shark bag ( I wanted one more suitable for a boy and that's what his mom wanted) I ended up ordering from the Happy Nappers website back on 12/6. I have not received it yet !  It was shipped on 12/13 via Fedx from CT and as of today it's in Indiana. I live in Mo. I called the Happy Nappers company and checked with Fedx but they have no idea when it will get here. So disappointed. I understand the problems with shipping due to the pandemic but everything else I ordered after 12/6 was here in time for Christmas. UGH !

@Goodie2shoes  yes I've seen it and wanted to buy one for my three old nephew. Would like your take or his Mom's take on it whenever it's received. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if certain type of businesses pay extra for priority service. I received 2 food deliveries via FedX that were delivered overnight frozen solid.  One from Seattle on Dec 19 and one Omaha Steaks on Dec 24 to Texas. Both were free shipping with min purchase.  I ordered Harry and David the week before Christmas  to CA and Seattle, free shipping and both arrived Christmas week. Granted they were all pricey items but no more than one would pay on QVC and not get the same level of service from their vendors. All my orders were delivered to various addresses by UPS and Amazon. I avoided orders that would ship by mail innovations or USPS.

Respected Contributor

I ordered an item from an online store at the beginning of December. Tracking has been saying "In transit" for weeks and sitting at my local post office. I have no idea when I'll get it

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I wonder if certain type of businesses pay extra for priority service. I received 2 food deliveries via FedX that were delivered overnight frozen solid.  One from Seattle on Dec 19 and one Omaha Steaks on Dec 24 to Texas. Both were free shipping with min purchase.  I ordered Harry and David the week before Christmas  to CA and Seattle, free shipping and both arrived Christmas week. Granted they were all pricey items but no more than one would pay on QVC and not get the same level of service from their vendors. All my orders were delivered to various addresses by UPS and Amazon. I avoided orders that would ship by mail innovations or USPS.

@mspatmac  a lot of these Companies usually negotiate with shipping Companies and get the best rate possible. I'm sure QVC does the same and that's why they can quarantee Christmas delivery. Some Companies want more and ship the least inexpensive way possible meanwhile forgetting that their customers count.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Nappers - shark:

392033f45cb7774778de5ec024b94aa5.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.