Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I believe our country has given refuge to people who have assisted us in the wars over the past 14 years so they would not be killed by our enemies. As it should be. 

IMO - it is unfortunate that this has been turned into a political football, and that is all I'm going to say.

Could be true but their vetting process has produced people who have caused violence and death here at home.    If they had not come many would still be sleeping peacefully in their beds tonight.

WRONG

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/20/us/why-it-takes-two-years-for-syrian-refugees-to-apply...

I am talking the vetting process, not the syrians.   Boston bombers were refugees.

I am talking about the vetting process and the Boston Bombers were here legally on student visas so they were considered not refugees but migrants.

Start another thread on the Student Visa process in this country otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges.

The refugee who killed the Marines and sailor in Chatanooga earlier this year......

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I believe our country has given refuge to people who have assisted us in the wars over the past 14 years so they would not be killed by our enemies. As it should be. 

IMO - it is unfortunate that this has been turned into a political football, and that is all I'm going to say.

Could be true but their vetting process has produced people who have caused violence and death here at home.    If they had not come many would still be sleeping peacefully in their beds tonight.

WRONG

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/20/us/why-it-takes-two-years-for-syrian-refugees-to-apply...

I am talking the vetting process, not the syrians.   Boston bombers were refugees.

The Boston bombers were from Russia, and originally came here on student visas.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The brothers came to the US with their family as refugees as I recall, not on student visas.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

WRONG

I am talking about the vetting process and the Boston Bombers were here legally on student visas so they were considered not refugees but migrants.

Start another thread on the Student Visa process in this country otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges.

The refugee who killed the Marines and sailor in Chatanooga earlier this year......

Abdulazeez, a naturalized American citizen, was also a Jordanian citizen born in Kuwait. He was not a refugee. Perhaps a thread on the questioning the naturalization process should be started by you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

And, of course, we have never had any home-grown terrorists until we remember more people died in Oklahoma City thsn died in Paris. 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps all of you should stop signaling out other countries because all of them have good and bad in them as we do. The Tsarnaev brothers were from war torn Chechnya.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

Each side of the political aisle always seems to have its own "statistics" and "facts and figures."  Therefore,  I don't  really give any weight to  who gave what figure on CNN.

Honored Contributor

The boston bombers were too young, they were 10,when family came here, the 9-11 terrorists, were mainly student,or tourist visa's.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Each side of the political aisle always seems to have its own "statistics" and "facts and figures.  Therefore,  I don't  really give any weight to  who gave what figure on CNN.

So you just decide to think whatever you want to.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Each side of the political aisle always seems to have its own "statistics" and "facts and figures.  Therefore,  I don't  really give any weight to  who gave what figure on CNN.

So you just decide to think whatever you want to.

So you just put words in other people's mouths that isn't what they siad.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

WRONG

The Boston bombers were from Russia, and originally came here on student visas.

I do understand the semantics in defining the difference between refugees, legal immigrants, illegal immigrants, and those here on various types of visas. There are differences, about how they get here, how well they are vetted, how long they are supposed to be here, and how they are monitored once inside the borders. There are differences as to why they are admitted through our borders.

But in reality, I think many people who speak on this subject don't understand that it doesn't really matter how they (those that might cause us harm) get here, but that all avenues of entrance should  now be tightened in security processes, approval processes, monitoring processes.

We have been conditioned to have a soft heart and open arms for suffering and persecuted peoples, and welcome them in. The problem is that those willing to engage in terrorist activities are more than happy to slide right in as a refugee, come posing as a serious student, or much desired employee in a specific field. We can no longer take people at face value, We can no longer trust everything everyone says about themselves when they try to enter this country. 

It is time to start to err on the side of caution. The risks are too high not to do so.