Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I was brought up at a time when there were gender specific titles too.  To me, it's fine if someone still uses them.  It's no big deal.  I'm so sick and tired of all the PC and gender neutral ****** all the time.  So many in society just aren't happy unless they can find something to get offended by and complain about.  

I don't think it's a big deal, I just prefer calling people what they like to be called.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@sunshine45  For the most part, I say "mailman" too.  And, to make matters worse, my "mailman" is a woman.  Woman LOL  

@Citrine1 my mailman is a woman too. I just simply call them a mailman, regardless of gender. I don't worry about it- too many more important things to fret over and my mail"man" is not losing any sleep over it.

Esteemed Contributor

I call them all hosts but I do call female actors actresses and male actors actors. lol.

Someone mentioned waitresses. I call them all servers because that's what they call themselves now days, and my daughter was one so the more she said it the more I picked up the servers.

But it doesn't bother me, which ever title they use is fine..

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles