Respected Contributor

A whole new world.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

In my area, we've had official Curb Side Pick-up for many years (15 years or more).  But it was only the big national chain restaurants doing it like Chili's, Applebee's, Friday's, etc.  It's very new for other chains and neighborhood restaurants.  

Here's another term, new normal.

we have had the same @Caaareful Shopper .

they have signs up at specific parking spaces for curbside pickup so that term was definitely not new to me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@happycat 

Exactly --- it's like - When can we wake up from this bad dream???? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Just Thinking. . .

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

Who knew all along when I complained about strangers standing too close to me in public I was pro social distancing. I hope that sticks around forever in stores. Personal space seems to have never been a thing for some folks. 

@Lali1: I agree. I've always been uncomfortable with  strangers standing/sitting too close to me. Now there's an official name for it!

Honored Contributor

"distance learning"

Honored Contributor

I guess in life, it's just common, to expect the unexpected.  Sure seems that way.  I kind of see that, when you think something's going to happen or even just be, it can be changed in the blink of an eye.  I guess it's just life.  No rhyme or reason.  

Honored Contributor

I had heard the word "pandemic"discussed prior....just never related that thought to something that would upset my little, small, unimportant  life...

IN SUCH A BIG WAY. 

At age 65, I imagined maybe another war in my lifetime. (WWIII).....or perhaps aliens would present themselves .... or someone might catch Big Foot ( we now know him as Darryl😄)

Never thought of a pandemic virus being the inconvenience in my very controlled....exact...perfect little word I USE  to live in.

So now my life circles around counting my Toliet paper rolls like they are a commodity ......buying masks, shields and disinfect spray... holding my breath when someone comes too close.... 

Definitely a pandemic virus was not in the plan I had invisioned for  my retirement portfolio.🙁

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Never thought I would hear someone say, "Put your mask on."

Unless it was in inflight emergency.....YIKES!!  Woman Wink

@tends2dogs   aaaahhhhhhh  lol.

Esteemed Contributor

In the checkout line, for years  I have never stood directly behind anyone, just for one reason lol. I´ve always put my cart on a slant and stood behind my cart. So I was never behind the person in front of me.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

As long as we’re just thinking, I think the term “social distancing” is ridiculous. It’s really physical distancing. Social is just a current buzz word. 

@esmerelda, the first time I heard our governor say "physical distincing" instead of "social distancing," it just clicked with me that it was more appropriate. We aren't really distancing ourselves socially at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland