Honored Contributor

Last year at this time I'd never heard the term "social distancing." I'd rarely heard the term "curbside pickup." 

I imagine both of these terms will make the annual year-end update to the Merriam Webster dictionary. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

As long as we’re just thinking, I think the term “social distancing” is ridiculous. It’s really physical distancing. Social is just a current buzz word. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

A couple terms all of wish we had never heard of!  As my sister and I were just talking the other day on the phone --- when we think back to last year - we never in our wildest dreams would have imagined something like this happening and how all of our lives have been totally turned upside down!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

A couple terms all of wish we had never heard of!  As my sister and I were just talking the other day on the phone --- when we think back to last year - we never in our wildest dreams would have imagined something like this happening and how all of our lives have been totally turned upside down!!!! 

Even as we are living it, I still find this all hard to believe. 

Respected Contributor

Adding to your list, “Community Spread”.

Honored Contributor

Never thought I would hear someone say, "Put your mask on."

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Last year at this time I'd never heard the term "social distancing." I'd rarely heard the term "curbside pickup." 

I imagine both of these terms will make the annual year-end update to the Merriam Webster dictionary. Smiley Wink

I'm sure you're right...unfortunately 

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Never thought I would hear someone say, "Put your mask on."

Unless it was in inflight emergency.....YIKES!!  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

In my area, we've had official Curb Side Pick-up for many years (15 years or more).  But it was only the big national chain restaurants doing it like Chili's, Applebee's, Friday's, etc.  It's very new for other chains and neighborhood restaurants.  

Here's another term, new normal.

Respected Contributor

Who knew all along when I complained about strangers standing too close to me in public I was pro social distancing. I hope that sticks around forever in stores. Personal space seems to have never been a thing for some folks.