Respected Contributor

Jill has always been my favorite host since the days of Kathy Levine.    She has always been the consummate professional and very knowledgeable about what it takes to make a house a home. She taught me something new on every YHWJ show.  

What she chooses to do after leaving the show is most definitely her business.   This is my opinion only, but she has such a beautiful home and I'm certain that continuing to work outside of the home is by choice not from financial need.   After 25 years I would be happy to leave the work world and just enjoy all of the fruits of my labor.   Obviously,  I don't know her personally but she seems to have such a good life and has been blessed in so many ways.  

I imagine though, after being a celebrity of sorts and being given the chance to meet many prominent designers and performers along with receiving many accolades during the years it would be difficult to just stop working and settle into the life of just a regular person.

I don't mean that in a negative way because there is nothing wrong with being a regular person but once you've led the lives of these hosts your persona is wrapped up in being recognized.    I think it would be difficult to give that up.  

A doctor that I've worked for has talked for years about retiring and yet he doesn't because he fears that once he stops practicing his importance will be diminished.  

Although I loved my job and enjoyed working when It was time to leave I never felt that I was giving anything up.   I looked forward to retirement so that I could finally do the things that I missed out on while working.

Whatever Jill decides to do I wish her the very best.  

Super Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I like Jill as a host and agree with many that the newer hosts have much seasoning to do ..which is to be expected for someone new to a job.

I must say that this heavy push for "follow me on JustJill" feels a bit much.  I notice on her Facebook page that she's now responding to almost every post encouraging people to tell their friends to follow her.  Clearly a business is being built and she's wanting to bring a fan base with her.  That's great--I don't begrudge her that. But it's almost as if Jill has suddently changed from her more reserved, rarely replying to a FB post self to a "I want to be your best friend" person.    It feels artifical to me.  I would have been more inclined to follow her next venture if she didn't seem so desperate to drag customers along with her.

I have enjoyed some of her shows and ideas.  I don't think I'd buy from her just because it's Jill's website or product line..although I am sure some folks will.  Perhaps she will have the same fan following that Lisa Robertson did.  In which case I expect her new "line" will be a success.  But I find the change in personality--where now she suddenly opens up with photos of spouse and kids and personal life simply to set the stage for making money to be off-putting.   

And now I'll sit back and allow the attacks to begin since I said something not totally supportive of Jill....

🙄Pretty much 😉

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

I make no bones about it, I was never a fan of Jill's. For a variety of reasons, I simply didn't care for her, though I did feel she mellowed a bit over time. When I was a regular viewer, which I no longer am, I avoided watching her unless I knew she would be touting something I very much wanted to see. In as much as I opted out of her programming when she was on QVC, I certainly won't be 'following' her now that she's moved on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Well Jill's 1st post QVC live video is on now on her Just Jill Bauer FB page.  I only stayed a couple of minutes, but she looks lovely in light blue outfit, sitting in the sunroom of her house.

She is starting a Book Club chat soon, and will have her first author there with her so everyone can live chat over FB with the author.  She said Maria McCool and Jill Martin asked if they could join the Book Club.

She is asking for viewers suggestions of what they want to see from her in the future, even though she says she wants to pretty much take June & July off to go to baseball games.  Decorating?  Makeup? Cooking (some want to see her and Laura Geller cooking together!? Laura Geller is also posting in and just laughed at that suggestion.

That's it.  It was nice. I've checked out.  

Honored Contributor

I watched about five minutes of the new video Jill posted on her Facebook page. I have to wonder what's in it for her having the social media presence? Do you get sponsors who pay you for the upkeep of your accounts? I don't begrudge Jill for retiring from QVC, not everyone can quit a job, they need the paycheck.

Honored Contributor

My guess is she already has a plan and that is why she wants the social media following.  Good for her.  If it is selling anything directly, I do not do that type of buying nor am I on any social media.  Kind of different that QVC let her promote her new website over and over again.  Whatever she does will probably have better hours than she had with QVC so she can spend more time with her family.  Really nice-looking kids.   Will be interesting to find out what she will be doing.  Sharon Faetch and Jacquie Gonzales sure disappeared.   Wouldn't be surprised if Jill has announcement soon about her new career.  I don't think she would have left without a plan in place.

Occasional Contributor

She is talking about starting a website so she can sell stuff!!! Unbeleivable!!

Occasional Contributor

I thought she was all about family. Shes all about making the next few hundred grand on a new website!

Respected Contributor
@minnie 50 ... I just got finished listening to her chat.. I didn’t hear her say she was going to be selling stuff.. Unless I missed something.. when did u hear that?
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you.  I also remember she left a few years ago for some time, and then she came back.  I also wonder if they work a 35 to 40 hour week or the days they are not on air if they are off.  That was what I assumed so that would give them free time also.  She seemed to be a successful seller.  I wonder what their sales numbers have to do with their raises and bonuses.  It could be something behind the scenes that she wasn’t too happy with.  Or like Kathy Levine and Lisa Robertson, she just had enough of talking so much and the grind of selling and being on air.   I wish her well.