Honored Contributor

@shoekitty ???????

Honored Contributor

@cherry

Sorry, wrong thread

Respected Contributor

No. Let it die. It's tainted.

I am afraid Barr would somehow have some financial gain from keeping the characters in a show. 

Honored Contributor

Roseanne always had a big mouth.  I can't stand to hear her talk or laugh.  I hope the cast members get a chance at a new show but I doubt if I will watch it as I did not watch the Roseanne one.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I certainly don't find her rant funny at all...I thought the days of that type of hateful speaking were behind us

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Jackie

[ Edited ]

Wanda Sykes posted a racist tweet on Twitter. Nada, nothing...no apology. We have to do a better job on both sides of self censorship, self awareness in what we say and pointing out the hypocrisy on BOTH sides but we are failing big time on this. The View brought up today on how women shouldn’t sexually harass men but then went on to justify why they can do it but that is off topic.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

This isn't the first time she has done such awful things. I just looked at an old skit of hers ,that makes me queasy. I won't bring it over, it's too offensive, worse than the stuff she said  the other day..if that is possible

Respected Contributor

I would watch it.  Roseanne was never the reason I watched the show anyway and would much rather see John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, etc.  It's probably way too early for them to start thinking about any spinoff.  Tuesday is/was one of my favorite TV nights with Roseanne, The Middle and Splitting Up Together. 

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’d rather see Roseanne get sued by every cast and crew member for an entire season’s pay.

@TenderMercies  They will still be paid for the unaired episodes per their contracts.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

It's time to end the whole show.  There will be too much of a reminder of what Roseanne did not to mention she created those characters so I don't know how ABC executives could pull off a new show without compensating Roseanne.

Plus this isn't the first time Roseanne made a racist comment against an AA woman so I blame ABC just as much for giving her the opportunity to make more $$ on a revival of her old show.

Let it go.  Time for new blood and new shows.  ABC can do better and should.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh