Respected Contributor

Re: Just Found Another Shopping Channel Forum...

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ladyrain wrote:

I love PreviouslyTV !  There are forums for every program on television, and then some.  I have their Shopping Channel forum bookmarked and visit it throughout the day.  There is some hilarious snark, and there are rules - highly enforced - about not attacking other posters but you can snark away at the channels and hosts.  No ******-shaming, no fat-shaming, etc.  I too was adrift after TWOP closed but fortunately, before it did, . someone suggested we all go over to PTV.  It's a great place to visit and to post.

hmmmmm......i guess snark sells......if that is what you are looking for.....Smiley Indifferent

I used to hang out, and very occasionally post, at TWOP. I jnew of the existence of PT but after a look or two it didn't hold much appeal because it's not a mix (at least, in the Shopping Channel area). It's not snark and info, or snark & happy, or snark "and" anything. It is all snark, all the time, and nothing but. It gets boring and predictable. They don't really want any posters there that are not 100% snark 100% of the time. As far as being hilarious - well, certainly the posters feel they themselves are hilarious. Aren't we all a hoot, etc.

A steady diet is boring. It's like what they say about adult entertainment - after watching half a dozen it puts you to sleep.

Moonchilde, I like your comparison to checking out a p*rn site.  You do so once, out of curiosty, then you've had enough.  I did visit this forum yesterday, read the posts about tv shopping hosts.  Most of them were about QVC hosts, and were much more cruel than any of the posts I've ever read on this board.  Or any other board!

@september @Moonchilde

when i checked out the page that the original poster linked to i read that page of posts and thought it was absolutely cruel and ridiculous. they had nasty, mean "nicknames" for the hosts and very few other threads were even remotely interesting. i agree......it was a lot worse than what we have seen around here.

@sunshine45

Hi sunshine!  Just wanted to make a little point of clarification since there DOES seem to be some confusion.  It is the TV board mentioned in the OP (previously TV) that has this awful host bashing.  The Vegas people don't engage in that, ever. 

Super Contributor

I second that emotion Scottie!!

Honored Contributor

@Yankee2000 wrote:

This place is hilarious...

Then why waste your valuable "moderator" time here?

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

Terrier, that's not the mod. Different person, similar name. The mod has the same name in both places.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sounds worth checking out.  Wondering if people who have dropped off these boards might be over there. 

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

Terrier, that's not the mod. Different person, similar name. The mod has the same name in both places.

While I had my doubts as well she's Madalaine over there.  Amazingly she has more posts here.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

While I had my doubts as well she's Madalaine over there.  Amazingly she has more posts here.

I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.  What I said is true.  You're right, Yankee2000 is Madalaine over there...and she's not the mod.  The mod has the same name in both places (and the same name as the site).  Different people with similar names.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

She perfectly wells knows that.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ladyrain wrote:

I love PreviouslyTV !  There are forums for every program on television, and then some.  I have their Shopping Channel forum bookmarked and visit it throughout the day.  There is some hilarious snark, and there are rules - highly enforced - about not attacking other posters but you can snark away at the channels and hosts.  No ******-shaming, no fat-shaming, etc.  I too was adrift after TWOP closed but fortunately, before it did, . someone suggested we all go over to PTV.  It's a great place to visit and to post.

hmmmmm......i guess snark sells......if that is what you are looking for.....Smiley Indifferent

I used to hang out, and very occasionally post, at TWOP. I jnew of the existence of PT but after a look or two it didn't hold much appeal because it's not a mix (at least, in the Shopping Channel area). It's not snark and info, or snark & happy, or snark "and" anything. It is all snark, all the time, and nothing but. It gets boring and predictable. They don't really want any posters there that are not 100% snark 100% of the time. As far as being hilarious - well, certainly the posters feel they themselves are hilarious. Aren't we all a hoot, etc.

A steady diet is boring. It's like what they say about adult entertainment - after watching half a dozen it puts you to sleep.

Moonchilde, I like your comparison to checking out a p*rn site.  You do so once, out of curiosty, then you've had enough.  I did visit this forum yesterday, read the posts about tv shopping hosts.  Most of them were about QVC hosts, and were much more cruel than any of the posts I've ever read on this board.  Or any other board!

@september @Moonchilde

when i checked out the page that the original poster linked to i read that page of posts and thought it was absolutely cruel and ridiculous. they had nasty, mean "nicknames" for the hosts and very few other threads were even remotely interesting. i agree......it was a lot worse than what we have seen around here.

@sunshine45

Hi sunshine!  Just wanted to make a little point of clarification since there DOES seem to be some confusion.  It is the TV board mentioned in the OP (previously TV) that has this awful host bashing.  The Vegas people don't engage in that, ever. 

hi @scotttie .....hope you are doing well!

yes, i was not referring to the DY boards, but referring to the previously tv board that the op was recommending. she had provided a link in the previously deleted thread that took you right to a part of those boards.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein