Respected Contributor

Re: Just Found Another Shopping Channel Forum...

Thank you, @Beth-QVCCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ladyrain wrote:

I love PreviouslyTV !  There are forums for every program on television, and then some.  I have their Shopping Channel forum bookmarked and visit it throughout the day.  There is some hilarious snark, and there are rules - highly enforced - about not attacking other posters but you can snark away at the channels and hosts.  No ******-shaming, no fat-shaming, etc.  I too was adrift after TWOP closed but fortunately, before it did, . someone suggested we all go over to PTV.  It's a great place to visit and to post.

hmmmmm......i guess snark sells......if that is what you are looking for.....Smiley Indifferent

I used to hang out, and very occasionally post, at TWOP. I jnew of the existence of PT but after a look or two it didn't hold much appeal because it's not a mix (at least, in the Shopping Channel area). It's not snark and info, or snark & happy, or snark "and" anything. It is all snark, all the time, and nothing but. It gets boring and predictable. They don't really want any posters there that are not 100% snark 100% of the time. As far as being hilarious - well, certainly the posters feel they themselves are hilarious. Aren't we all a hoot, etc.

A steady diet is boring. It's like what they say about adult entertainment - after watching half a dozen it puts you to sleep.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Yes, previously TV is all snark.  I find it good for things like the soaps.  For general discussion of topics that are no longer allowed on the Q, I would recommend the dam yankee site.

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

Posters may discuss other websites and/or forums. We ask that you stay on topic and civil to others while discussing other forums. Thank you for your interest!

Beth 

Customer Care

Thanks for the clarification......that's always been one that has been a little muddy on the can or can not................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

Raven:  How are the mud slides where you live?  I have been thinking about you..... Didn't see you post for awhile but may have missed it.....

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ladyrain wrote:

I love PreviouslyTV !  There are forums for every program on television, and then some.  I have their Shopping Channel forum bookmarked and visit it throughout the day.  There is some hilarious snark, and there are rules - highly enforced - about not attacking other posters but you can snark away at the channels and hosts.  No ******-shaming, no fat-shaming, etc.  I too was adrift after TWOP closed but fortunately, before it did, . someone suggested we all go over to PTV.  It's a great place to visit and to post.

hmmmmm......i guess snark sells......if that is what you are looking for.....Smiley Indifferent

I used to hang out, and very occasionally post, at TWOP. I jnew of the existence of PT but after a look or two it didn't hold much appeal because it's not a mix (at least, in the Shopping Channel area). It's not snark and info, or snark & happy, or snark "and" anything. It is all snark, all the time, and nothing but. It gets boring and predictable. They don't really want any posters there that are not 100% snark 100% of the time. As far as being hilarious - well, certainly the posters feel they themselves are hilarious. Aren't we all a hoot, etc.

A steady diet is boring. It's like what they say about adult entertainment - after watching half a dozen it puts you to sleep.

Moonchilde, I like your comparison to checking out a p*rn site.  You do so once, out of curiosty, then you've had enough.  I did visit this forum yesterday, read the posts about tv shopping hosts.  Most of them were about QVC hosts, and were much more cruel than any of the posts I've ever read on this board.  Or any other board!

Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

Posters may discuss other websites and/or forums. We ask that you stay on topic and civil to others while discussing other forums. Thank you for your interest!

Beth 

Customer Care

Thanks for the clarification......that's always been one that has been a little muddy on the can or can not................................raven

It definitely is muddy, when someone posts here, about a  good chicken recipe that was shared on another site, and the the post gets deleted because someone referred to that other site. 

Honored Contributor

september wrote:

moonchilde wrote:

sunshine45 wrote:

Room2Breathe wrote:

Moonchilde, I like your comparison to checking out a p*rn site.  You do so once, out of curiosty, then you've had enough.  I did visit this forum yesterday, read the posts about tv shopping hosts.  Most of them were about QVC hosts, and were much more cruel than any of the posts I've ever read on this board.  Or any other board!

@september @Moonchilde

when i checked out the page that the original poster linked to i read that page of posts and thought it was absolutely cruel and ridiculous. they had nasty, mean "nicknames" for the hosts and very few other threads were even remotely interesting. i agree......it was a lot worse than what we have seen around here.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ladyrain wrote:

@september @Moonchilde

when i checked out the page that the original poster linked to i read that page of posts and thought it was absolutely cruel and ridiculous. they had nasty, mean "nicknames" for the hosts and very few other threads were even remotely interesting. i agree......it was a lot worse than what we have seen around here.

It says quite a bit about those who think it's peachy to do that...hmmm.

Respected Contributor

@jobran wrote:

Raven:  How are the mud slides where you live?  I have been thinking about you..... Didn't see you post for awhile but may have missed it.....

It's fine now........but a few days back it wasn't.........the ridge took a hit pretty bad........everything to the South, East and West was sliding lol........but we've had a couple really hot days, so we're all dried up again........till next time.........I started a new job as a designer for another company and that has kept me pretty busy...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo