Honored Contributor

Re: Jury awards Erin Andrews

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It amazes me that some people seem ticked she won. 

They don't think it's a big deal she was videoed in the privacy of her room and millions upon millions upon millions can watch her.

disgusting is what I call it. I doubt they'd think it was no big deal if it was their daughter. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

If it was a non-celeb, they wouldn't get that amount.

I agree, I think she and her attorney were just looking for a big pay day. It just goes to show you how eliteist or out of touch people are when they think people should be awarded such outrageous amounts of money. I hope Marriot appeals.

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

I don't think Marriott should have been held responsible as far as security measures. This guy went to many tricky ,underhanded, criminal lengths to get that room. He didn't just ask for the room next to her. That isn't the correct story. Where Marriott went wrong was in their lawyers. Going after her in whether or not she benefited from the scandal was wrong. They wanted it imply she mad money from it. Who's to say she was turned down jobs because of it. Add in the video being played in a restaurant by a Marriott big wig. In hindsight they should have settled. What extra measures do people think they will add in security? IMO this won't change anything. It was one in a million fluke situation.

Sorry, but EVERY hotel or motel should have adequate security measures in place to assure the safety and privacy of their guests.   Do you use the locks on your doors?   Of course you do!    

A big hotel like Marriott should have plenty of security cameras and all employees should be trained to stay alert for suspicious activity.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Gosh, now I wish someone would look through a peep hole at me in a hotel.  For 55 million, they can look all they want.

This remark is so insensitive.  

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Gosh, now I wish someone would look through a peep hole at me in a hotel.  For 55 million, they can look all they want.

This remark is so insensitive.  

And it is comments like these that give women a bad name.

ala Kayne West- Image result for music notes gif"I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger..." Image result for music notes gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hotel provided callers with the room number of those called.

That's dangerous.

So is not providing security cameras to cover all hallways.

The jury agreed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marriot didn't do the proper training with employees as to not disclosing where a person is staying unless they are contacted by the hotel first.  Then to give a room to someone who wants one just because. 

Ms. Andrews deserses her award but the attorney will get 40% automatically from Marriot and if the Creep pays, they get 40% from him.  She won't get it all.

However, I for one am glad that at last this may send a message to all Human Resources departments in every business to train employees about stalkers and such.  Also it's about time people started doing something about those creeps - the laws weren't in place when I was younger and being stalked, harassed, and bothered.  Now maybe things will change to nail those creeps.  He will only get 30 month in jail but he deserves more much more. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Like my husband said a little bit ago, that's why we always plug or cover the peephole.  Maybe the little peephole should have a little latch lock on the inside so the guest can see out but no one can see in, just an idea.😆

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Do you mean that if you were nude on an internet video for the world to see that you wouldn't feel violated if you had not given permission? Your friends and family would see this and it would be fine with you?

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Marriot didn't do the proper training with employees as to not disclosing where a person is staying unless they are contacted by the hotel first.  Then to give a room to someone who wants one just because. 

Ms. Andrews deserses her award but the attorney will get 40% automatically from Marriot and if the Creep pays, they get 40$ fro him.  She won't get it all.

However, I for one am glad that at last this may send a message to all Human Resources departments in every business to train employees about stalkers and such.  Also it's about time people started doing something about those creeps - the laws weren't in place when I was younger and being stalked, harassed, and bothered.  Now maybe things will change to nail those creeps.  He will only get 30 month in jail but he deserves more much more. 

It is actually sad anyone needs "training" for something like this. It seems like common sense! Or at the very least, you ask your boss first before just doing it. Geez.