Junk mail from QVC@e.qvcmail.com

I seem to get a LOT of spam/junk mail from the above mentioned email. Does anyone else experience this? And it seems to happen after I order from there. Apparently that is a valid email for them because I received a legit email from QVC today and it is the same address. I'm at wits end with this because I get so many of them. They can be from Richard, diabetes stuff, debt relief. I have a MACbook pro. I don't know what to do to stop the junk. If I make rules, I'll have 500 of them by making a rule for each sender.

Thanks

Katt

QVC Customer Care

Re: Junk mail from QVC@e.qvcmail.com

@kattbird

I'm sorry you're receiving inappropriate content in what's called "spoof email," a form of spam. Free Microsoft email services like Outlook.com, Hotmail, or MSN Mail, have been known to be impacted by this type of spam, but I can assure you that the inappropriate emails are NOT coming from QVC even though QVC is shown in the 'from' address or 'sender.' 

You can consult your email service provider for support on preventing this unwanted email.

Also, if you're interested, the Federal Trade Commission website provides an online complaint assistant process for you to report spam. You can visit ftc.gov for more information.

Please be assured that QVC does not authorize the selling or renting of your personal information to third parties for their business purposes.

QVC's Privacy Statement on QVC.com provides information we collect about all of our customers, users, and visitors, how we use that information and with whom we may share it, and how you can access and change our information about you."

Trusted Contributor

If you mark/report a few as Spam to your mail server, your email server will stop delivering them. They'll come, but you won't see them. Most mail servers, like gmail as an example, take the spam and delete them once they are 30 days old. So you don't have to purposely eliminate the mail in the Spam folder. But you have to report those particular emails as Spam so your server knows what to do with email showing that sender configuration. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @kattbird!    I'm afraid what you're experiencing is known as "email address spoofing."    Most people are familiar with the spam that appears to come from financial institutions, or PayPal, or Amazon, or other businesses but which actually is sent by impostors.

One major clue is the fact that you blocked the qvc@e.qvcemail.com address but the mail continued to arrive.   It's still coming in because the actual sender is not "qvc@e.qvcemail.com" -- it's a criminal impersonating this address.

The key to stopping this spam is, first, to learn how to view the full email headers of each message.    

The next step is to find out how to read the headers and see the actual email address and/or the actual domain (domain is the part after the "@" sign in the address) originating the spam.   After you do that, you can block the addresses of the true senders and the spam will stop (unless they send more of it from newer addresses).  

Email headers vary from one provider to another, so it's hard for me to post details about it here.    
            First, do an internet search for "(your email provider name) email headers" first.    Example search would be:
"hotmail email headers" or "gmail email headers"
            Then, perform a search for "how to understand email headers" and it will help explain how to identify the real senders' addresses and domains.   In some cases, if you'll hover the cursor over the sender's name you'll see the real address displayed.

It also helps to increase the security of email settings (as one example, in the settings many providers allow us to accept mail only from addresses in our "contacts").   This way, the email system will do a better job of filtering junk into the spam folder/box.

If you have more questions, please ask and some of us who have  experience in reading headers can try to help out.    Or, better yet, contact your provider -- usually they will send you specific examples of the way headers look and how you can read them.

I know it's beyond frustrating.   But we can fuss and fume at the businesses who are being impersonated all we want, and it won't stop the spam.    I know not everyone is a "techie" but if we're going to use the internet it's become clear that we need to learn some of the tools to protect ourselves.

When a business email address is spoofed, we can help the company stop this by sending them the full headers of the messages -- if we only forward the message without the headers, they cannot investigate and identify the culprits.    As with junk phone calls, most of the criminals who are doing this are located in other countries and it's been nearly impossible for U.S. companies or law enforcement authorities to effectively prosecute them.

I see, on the internet, this problem with the same spoofed "QVC address" goes back at least to 2014.   QVC needs to create a message that explains the issue of spoofed email addresses, complete with info about how to look at our message headers and how to read them.   Then, they can post this message when their customers report more spam.   Doing this would help their customers and it also would benefit QVC's image which is badly sullied by the junk mail and also by the increasingly worrisome technical website problems.    On other sites, professional IT support staff provides this kind of educational, applicable information to their users -- QVC needs to follow suit.   

I hope this info helps.   Please know I feel the same level of exasperation with all the junk mail and the increasingly sophisticated methods criminals and frauds are using.   Hope all of you have a great week!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Spammers usually spoof the email address in the From line. Did you check the full headers/source code to see if the email is really coming from QVC?

https://www.google.com/search?q=spam+how+to+view+full+email+headers

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Caffeina wrote:

Spammers usually spoof the email address in the From line. Did you check the full headers/source code to see if the email is really coming from QVC?

https://www.google.com/search?q=spam+how+to+view+full+email+headers

Kudos, @Caffeina!    Thanks for posting this!   Very helpful!image.gif   It appears the criminals have recently launched a new barrage of junk mail masquerading as being from QVC.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova

I CANNOT TAKE THE SPAM MAIL FROM THAT QVC EMAIL.  I AM DONE WITH QVC, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT IS NOT THEM.  MAYBE IF THERE ARE NO MORE ORDERS FROM MY EMAIL, IT WILL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!