Regular Contributor

Re: Joy's Mop Helper from me...

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Geez,  if a Joy's MOP  is that complicated,  I think I'll stick with my sponge mop. 

It just LOOKS complicated when you explain it in words. But once you do it you find that it is extremely easy. Smiley Happy I have a bit of an interest (NOT degree)  in ergonomics/efficiency and such so this just intrigued me. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I'll stick with my Cuban mop, which is the only mop that gets into corners (really gets into corners).  For people with tile and/or wood floors, the Cuban mop is the only way to go IMO..... Joy's mop is just that.  A mop.  For that price, who wants to have to grab it, all wet and dirty, in order to get it off the handle?  

There is even a bucket that can be bought, where you put the mop (any regular mop) down into the collander thingee and it squeezes all the water out, without ever touching it.  The reviews on her mop are terrible too.  Another failure/flop IMO.  Her only "star" was the huggable hangers.  Now, I buy them (copies) at Publix.

Esteemed Contributor

This is nice of you to post.

I had no trouble with mine but I think its heavy (for me with a bad back). I like my Haan steamer but use Joys mop now to get behind things and get edges of the floor better. (My  husband also helps with cleaning and is not bothered by the mops weight.

PS for those who may not know, Joys products are ALL at Target. I got my mop there Sunday a week ago (in teal color), That way you don't have to pay shipping of course.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Suzy CurleyQ! That was so nice of you!

I actually do not have that mop. I have the spin mop and I really love that one. I will have to check this out! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

The BEST video INSTRUCTIONS for using the Joy Mangano NEW Miracle Mop!!

Published on Jan 22, 2016

I will show you in a clear and concise way how to get the most out of your Miracle Mop. From mopping and wringing, to removing and replacing the mop head. It's pretty simple once you know how, and with the self wringing system and the amazing braided head, it really is the best mop out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prMnBvQ_CWU&feature=em-share_video_user

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I so appreciate your help. Also, for going into detailed instruction! This will be of great help for me. I'm still searching for a mop.

Honored Contributor

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

Brought this over from the post I have on HSN...

Just my experience using this. 

I see what is happening to those who don't like it. 

Maybe this will help you guys. Let's start from the top okie dokie...

*You get it out of the box, unlock  both lower and upper locks, now let the parts fall down and lock both locks so that it will be more stable. *** I found if you have the mop head firmly on the ground  and you put one hand on the long colored part and one hand on the lock and turn the lock only it works great! (You're not twisting the long colored parts at all just the lock.)  I would not hold this up in the air to turn the locks, think of your ceiling fan, your pictures, your families eyes ha ha!!  Smiley Happy...    By the way, the locks are only the small-ish parts that say lock and an arrow and these really only go one click to unlock and one click to lock. 

*You've got your mop and your bucket full of water, swish as usuall    (I found it to work better while it was locked so that I could get all of the mop head wet... me personally...) 

*While it is still in the bucket unlock both locks... bring the mop straight up out of the water...

* Hold the bottom colored part and hold the top colored part and plunge down with the top colored part  - it does wring itself (let the mop do the wringing)... Keep doing this until you have gotten it wrung out to your desired dampness...

*let the unlocked parts fall all the way back into place (there should be no plastic white parts touching the floor or sticking out) now make sure you lock it all back together

*mop as usuall.   It should not scrape anything, if it is scraping you didn't let the bottom fall all the way back into place...

Also, I did not unlock the mop until I was ready to wring it out. This is the only time it should be unlocked so that you can use the self wringing helix thingy.  

Now practice!! Smiley Wink Give it a good go and then see.  I am all for trying stuff until you get it!

Just want to help any way I can!  

LOL! It's a mop for crying out loud! If you can not just mop the floor without reading all through THIS.......than there is a problem. It is no miracle.

Regular Contributor

There is a new how to video that Joy has made that is on the product page on hsn... 

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

Brought this over from the post I have on HSN...

Just my experience using this. 

I see what is happening to those who don't like it. 

Maybe this will help you guys. Let's start from the top okie dokie...

*You get it out of the box, unlock  both lower and upper locks, now let the parts fall down and lock both locks so that it will be more stable. *** I found if you have the mop head firmly on the ground  and you put one hand on the long colored part and one hand on the lock and turn the lock only it works great! (You're not twisting the long colored parts at all just the lock.)  I would not hold this up in the air to turn the locks, think of your ceiling fan, your pictures, your families eyes ha ha!!  Smiley Happy...    By the way, the locks are only the small-ish parts that say lock and an arrow and these really only go one click to unlock and one click to lock. 

*You've got your mop and your bucket full of water, swish as usuall    (I found it to work better while it was locked so that I could get all of the mop head wet... me personally...) 

*While it is still in the bucket unlock both locks... bring the mop straight up out of the water...

* Hold the bottom colored part and hold the top colored part and plunge down with the top colored part  - it does wring itself (let the mop do the wringing)... Keep doing this until you have gotten it wrung out to your desired dampness...

*let the unlocked parts fall all the way back into place (there should be no plastic white parts touching the floor or sticking out) now make sure you lock it all back together

*mop as usuall.   It should not scrape anything, if it is scraping you didn't let the bottom fall all the way back into place...

Also, I did not unlock the mop until I was ready to wring it out. This is the only time it should be unlocked so that you can use the self wringing helix thingy.  

Now practice!! Smiley Wink Give it a good go and then see.  I am all for trying stuff until you get it!

Just want to help any way I can!  

LOL! It's a mop for crying out loud! If you can not just mop the floor without reading all through THIS.......than there is a problem. It is no miracle.

Ha ha!!! like I said before it only looks complicated when you explain it in words. Like if one were to explain any thing step by step. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mine went back.  I could not figure this out.  It also was WAY too heavy.  I'll stick with the steam mops.

I love the spin mop, but the handle breaks so often.  I've gone through several spin mops.  The reviews state the handle does often break.  

I also have had steam mops break--probably due to my hard water. 

Now I'm using distilled hoping this will fix that issue. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"