Honored Contributor

Re: 💉 Johnson & Johnson 💊

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 Knowing that there are those who actually care in this world is enough. ((((hug))))

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Their defense is they are responsible for less than 1% of opioids in Oklahoma. They also cannot be directly tied to dispensing the drugs. They are really going to do some fast talking to get out of this. Blaming solely the drs doesn’t work either, since J&J sends in former beauty queens as pharm reps to meet with the drs or have a drink with them. Amazing how that works!

I know one of the most heinous parts of this whole opioid crisis is the role Medicare plays in it. They approve and subsidize these drugs so that patients get them for literally pennies or sometimes even free. I know there are legitimate needs for some of these drugs....but at what cost to the patients life? I know someone who takes three Xanax every afternoon so she can nap and three more before bed so she can sleep. She always takes them with a glass of wine so she “gets sleepy.” I worry about her constantly. I take half of one annually before my very long and closed mri and it makes me loopy...can’t imagine taking more than that!

OMG...this is a perfect example of someone who is totally irresponsible and if she dies as a result of it the doctor and the pharmaceutical companies will be blamed.  If you know this person well enough perhaps you can put some sense in her head about what she is doing, you will possibly save her life.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

I’m watching my husband rocking and crying in screaming pain as I type this. He has tried so many medicines and treatments for his condition that he should be in Guiness Book of World Records. I’m eternally grateful for the small amount of pain reduction that an opioid pain medication provides him with. Instead of a 10 on a 10 scale, he can be reduced to a 9 or an 8. Still excruciating pain, but a notable improvement. I wish there was a cure for his condition but one does not exist. I’m thankful for his doctors for their years of support and compassion. I worry about suicide with this level of pain. No one could endure this level of pain for this amount of time. Pretend you were in labor pains every day of your life, 24/7, for years and years. What would you do? There’s another side to the opioid crisis. There are patients for which there is no other option. I hope patients with no other choice left to them do not wind up losing because of the misuse by others of these products. 

I hear you loud and clear.  I understand pain since I live with it 24/7, 365 days a year.  I laugh whenever someone asks me what my pain level is between 1 and 10...how about 15, 20?  My pain level is so high that if I didn't have my pain medication I would be thinking suicide since there is no way I could live with it.  I am so sorry for your husband and I fully understand what he is going through.  It is so easy for those who have no idea what it is like to live with pain to put down the doctors who prescribe the medication.  Prayers to you and your husband. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Their defense is they are responsible for less than 1% of opioids in Oklahoma. They also cannot be directly tied to dispensing the drugs. They are really going to do some fast talking to get out of this. Blaming solely the drs doesn’t work either, since J&J sends in former beauty queens as pharm reps to meet with the drs or have a drink with them. Amazing how that works!

I know one of the most heinous parts of this whole opioid crisis is the role Medicare plays in it. They approve and subsidize these drugs so that patients get them for literally pennies or sometimes even free. I know there are legitimate needs for some of these drugs....but at what cost to the patients life? I know someone who takes three Xanax every afternoon so she can nap and three more before bed so she can sleep. She always takes them with a glass of wine so she “gets sleepy.” I worry about her constantly. I take half of one annually before my very long and closed mri and it makes me loopy...can’t imagine taking more than that!

@lovesrecess  So she's using them more as a sleeping aid than for pain management?

Keepin' it real.