Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched the coverage today of John McCain. Now I'm not Meghan's biggest fan, but I felt so sorry for her. She seemed to be very close to her father and she seemed inconsolable, I kept wondering why her brother didn't hold her hand or put his arm around her.

@Jordan2......I watched it too.  It was very touching.  Do believe Megan's brother did take her hand and put his arm around her.  It was after they entered and before they sat down.  Yes, she was inconsolable.  Very sad.....

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched the coverage today of John McCain. Now I'm not Meghan's biggest fan, but I felt so sorry for her. She seemed to be very close to her father and she seemed inconsolable, I kept wondering why her brother didn't hold her hand or put his arm around her.

@Jordan2......I watched it too.  It was very touching.  Do believe Megan's brother did take her hand and put his arm around her.  It was after they entered and before they sat down.  Yes, she was inconsolable.  Very sad.....

@ShowMe, I did see a clip of her brother consoling her, but it couldn't have been for too long, as I saw her sobbing alone.

Contributor

IMG_0845.JPG

Honored Contributor

It was just heartbreaking to see his Mother there today. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I was at my Weight Watchers meeting today and was speaking with this woman I sit with every week for years. I mentioned how sorry I felt for Meghan, how inconsolable she was. The woman says she should get over it, she knew he was dying, I was taken aback. I don't care if you know someone is dying, you never really can prepare yourself for it, it still hurts even though you know it's coming. She is a nice woman, I can't believe she made the comment.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Sad to say but that doesn't surprise me at all. Grieving myself these days, well other people think they even have the right to judge grieving. I knew my loss was coming just like Meghan. Didn't make it any less horrible. Anyone who judges me during this time, well I can't type here what I would say to them.

I just can't even fathom saying those words out loud, that any other person should "get over" their devastating loss. At their father's services no less. The lack of human compassion these days is astounding. The judgments are too. I read comments on these forums on a regular basis that make me feel the same way.

It's your view not mine obviously, but a comment like that would forever change my view about a person.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I gave the eulogy at my own father's memorial. I practiced and practiced it aloud as I sat on the beach of the Straits of Juan de Fuca until I could get through it without breaking down. It's not an easy thing to speak before an audience about the man who was your lifetime hero. It doesn't matter whether greatness was achieved before the nation or it was achieved before the eyes of his friends and family. Meghan and I rarely agree on much, but I know exactly where she is coming from at this moment. I have sent her messages throughout these past few days on Twitter. Whether she will ever see them is probably not possible, but if she does, I want her to know I stand with her as a daughter who adored her father and have mourned him since the day he died, and for me that was 23 years ago. I wish her and her family strength and well being in the days to come.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman  that was a very kind thing for you to do. We need more of this atttitude imho

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I gave the eulogy at my own father's memorial. I practiced and practiced it aloud as I sat on the beach of the Straits of Juan de Fuca until I could get through it without breaking down. It's not an easy thing to speak before an audience about the man who was your lifetime hero. It doesn't matter whether greatness was achieved before the nation or it was achieved before the eyes of his friends and family. Meghan and I rarely agree on much, but I know exactly where shTe is coming from at this moment. I have sent her messages throughout these past few days on Twitter. Whether she will ever see them is probably not possible, but if she does, I want her to know I stand with her as a daughter who adored her father and have mourned him since the day he died, and for me that was 23 years ago. I wish her and her family strength and well being in the days to come.

Fully understand where you are coming from.  Lost my father many years ago....and to this day I miss him as much as I did then.  He was not perfect, made many mistakes, but my sister and I knew he loved us.  To this day, I can't fully understand why he did some of the things he did, and may never understand it.  But, he was my father, and I loved him with all my heart.  In the most recent years, I have even missed him more.....miss his hugs and telling me that everything will be ok.....keep the faith in the one above.