Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jodi A......could get off without having to serve any more time.....

On 11/13/2014 SmittenKitten said:
On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

Scottie, I watched every day with no preconceived idea that she was guilty because she was strange and creepy!! Some watched with the attitude that she was guilty so their view was skewed from the get go!! Not one of us knows how we would react if we had to kill someone in self defense. Many innocent people have lied and provided phony alibis for various reasons because they were just plain scared. It happens all the time!!

I remember a local case from years ago where the woman was abused by her husband and had to kill him or be killed. She was not likeable because in her younger years she wasn't particular who she slept with and was a stripper so when she married this respectable man she became super snobby, etc.! She was convicted on circumstantial evidence and years later, some evidence that she kept telling about that everyone thought was made up was found which acquitted her. She told a number of untruths because she knew most thought she was an outright murderer.

Do you realize that Jodi drove to Travis' house willingly and uninvited?

She was not trapped in marriage nor was she a battered wife with no way out and nowhere to go. They had been broken up and living in different states for months.

Your analogy does a severe injustice to battered woman around the world.

Do I think Travis was verbally abusive towards Arias? Yes

Do I think he had P0rn on his computer? Yes

Do I think she slaughtered him in a premeditated act, driving through the dessert in a rental car, in disguise, with gas cans in the trunk so she wouldn't have to stop for gas and be recognized? YES

It was not self-defense!

She was not a victim of self defense , she is a liar and she and her attorneys should get a perjury charge for making up yet another story. She was angry because she felt used.Travis planed to take another women on his Mexican vacation. She snapped big time slicing and dicing him over 29 times .. shooting him in the face and cutting him from ear to ear. She deserves to be locked away for the rest of her life!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Valued Contributor

On 11/13/2014 Matty6 said:

Where are you watching the trial from? I see /hear nothing, not in the newspapers or CNN or HLN. Even Nancy Grace said nothing about it.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Hi Matty ~ You can read a blow by blow on reporter William Pitts' Twitter feed (for those unacquainted w/ Twitter, you don't need to sign in to see this) here. It seems like Nancy G. has given up on tweeting from this trial. She's been a real dud! lol Pitts does a good job though. hth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

Scottie, I watched every day with no preconceived idea that she was guilty because she was strange and creepy!! Some watched with the attitude that she was guilty so their view was skewed from the get go!! Not one of us knows how we would react if we had to kill someone in self defense. Many innocent people have lied and provided phony alibis for various reasons because they were just plain scared. It happens all the time!!

I remember a local case from years ago where the woman was abused by her husband and had to kill him or be killed. She was not likeable because in her younger years she wasn't particular who she slept with and was a stripper so when she married this respectable man she became super snobby, etc.! She was convicted on circumstantial evidence and years later, some evidence that she kept telling about that everyone thought was made up was found which acquitted her. She told a number of untruths because she knew most thought she was an outright murderer.

She was not trapped in marriage nor was she a battered wife with no way out and nowhere to go. They had been broken up and living in different states for months.

Do I think she slaughtered him in a premeditated act, driving through the dessert in a rental car, in disguise, with gas cans in the trunk so she wouldn't have to stop for gas and be recognized? YES

It was not self-defense!

She was not a victim of self defense , she is a liar and she and her attorneys should get a perjury charge for making up yet another story. She was angry because she felt used.Travis planed to take another women on his Mexican vacation. She snapped big time slicing and dicing him over 29 times .. shooting him in the face and cutting him from ear to ear. She deserves to be locked away for the rest of her life!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

While it may very well be true that it was not self defense, there is no clear cut evidence that it was because she felt used because he was planning taking another woman with him on a trip. I don't think it was an airtight case. Neither side had any real proof of what they are claiming but Jodie was at a disadvantage because she has an unlikeable presence that the media played up, which in and of itself shouldn't doom her but the majority did even before the first testimony at the trial!! Since Travis was also not the innocent good holy man he tried to portray himself as to the church, it also taints him and makes it quite possible it was about the child po*n and the way he treated her as just someone to do the more nasty, wild se#ual things he wanted that a good religious woman wouldn't do or be asked to do. Because he was the victim, he was seen by many as having no flaws because of his standing in the church!!! I'm just looking at the unbiased reality of the case from each side!!!

I did state in an earlier post that I actually did think she was guilty in spite of the lack of real solid evidence and based only on the circumstantial evidence that was never really proven but seemed overwhelming.

Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Pook said:
On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

It was not self-defense!

While it may very well be true that it was not self defense, there is no clear cut evidence that it was because she felt used because he was planning taking another woman with him on a trip. I don't think it was an airtight case. Neither side had any real proof of what they are claiming but Jodie was at a disadvantage because she has an unlikeable presence that the media played up, which in and of itself shouldn't doom her but the majority did even before the first testimony at the trial!! Since Travis was also not the innocent good holy man he tried to portray himself as to the church, it also taints him and makes it quite possible it was about the child po*n and the way he treated her as just someone to do the more nasty, wild se#ual things he wanted that a good religious woman wouldn't do or be asked to do. Because he was the victim, he was seen by many as having no flaws because of his standing in the church!!! I'm just looking at the unbiased reality of the case from each side!!!

I did state in an earlier post that I actually did think she was guilty in spite of the lack of real solid evidence and based only on the circumstantial evidence that was never really proven but seemed overwhelming.

A woman disguises herself, buys gas in cans so that she won't have to be on security cameras or credit card tracing on the way to AZ. She rents a car that is a plain color so as not to draw attention. She takes the license plates off once she's there. She gets Travis in the shower and butchers him like a hog, stabs him, repeatedly, nearly decapitates him, and then shoots him. All the while photographing.

There was plenty of evidence, Pook. Her story doesn't match the evidence AT ALL.

Oh and PS: "coincidentally" a gun was stolen from her grandparents house a week or two before that just happens to be the same caliber as Travis was shot with.

The jury heard every bit of evidence. They found her guilty of first degree premeditated murder. They just couldn't agree on the DP.

May she rot wherever she ends up.

Trusted Contributor

If he had those websites on his computer, what difference does it make? Yes, he's got a sick mind, but he didn't deserve to be slaughtered. She didn't leave him, she stayed with him. I don't see how that dismisses her crime.

I think her side is desperate and pulling out all the stops.

I live in AZ, believe me, if she was let go, I'd move!

Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 scotttie said:
On 11/14/2014 Pook said:
On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

It was not self-defense!

A woman disguises herself, buys gas in cans so that she won't have to be on security cameras or credit card tracing on the way to AZ. She rents a car that is a plain color so as not to draw attention. She takes the license plates off once she's there. She gets Travis in the shower and butchers him like a hog, stabs him, repeatedly, nearly decapitates him, and then shoots him. All the while photographing.

There was plenty of evidence, Pook. Her story doesn't match the evidence AT ALL.

Oh and PS: "coincidentally" a gun was stolen from her grandparents house a week or two before that just happens to be the same caliber as Travis was shot with.

The jury heard every bit of evidence. They found her guilty of first degree premeditated murder. They just couldn't agree on the DP.

May she rot wherever she ends up.

Sometimes my mind cannot comprehend what my eyes see!

There wasn't enough "real solid evidence?" How about her blood mixed with his in the bathroom slaughterhouse?

How about photos on HER camera of the death scene? You know, that camera found in the washing machine at his house?

THIS is why murderers like Casey Anthony WALK FREE.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

She is an extremely dangerous individual. I think she should have just been thrown in jail for the rest of her life.

Super Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Pook said:
On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

It was not self-defense!

It was very clear that she was possessive of Travis and jealous whenever he gave attention to any other girl but her. She would peep through his windows, and watch him inside the house as he entertained women he went out with on dates. She even snuck into his house while he was out on a date, then hid in his closet, to watch him when he came home from the date. This girl,is sick-o nuts! You think for one moment she wasn't set off when she heard he was taking another woman on a cruise....that she so desired to go on?
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/13/2014 SuesCat said:

Where are you watching the trial from? I see /hear nothing, not in the newspapers or CNN or HLN. Even Nancy Grace said nothing about it.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Hi Matty ~ You can read a blow by blow on reporter William Pitts' Twitter feed (for those unacquainted w/ Twitter, you don't need to sign in to see this) here. It seems like Nancy G. has given up on tweeting from this trial. She's been a real dud! lol Pitts does a good job though. hth

Thank you for the link. I will check that out. Have a good weekend!Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Pook said:
On 11/13/2014 Pook said:

It was not self-defense!

I agree .. She was baptized into the moron church by Travis himself. I guess she had delusions that he was going to marry her. He had two sides to him and his family and his friends thought that Jodi brought out the worst in him. The circumstantial evidence was overwhelming and that is what convicted her in the criminal trial.