Honored Contributor

indeed dot com - it incorporates many sites as another poster mentioned

including monster, careerbuilder, simply hired an many others

good luck

Trusted Contributor

for nonprofit across the United States try opportunityknocks.org. Here's a link to their ""browse jobs"" tab HERE

Respected Contributor

indeed.com or monster.com

Respected Contributor

In Boston, my nephew, when a brand-new member of the bar (lawyer), found his first job, where he still is, on Craigs List.

Respected Contributor

I believe craigslist is used by SOME as a way to get workers on the cheap. Therefore, if you use them, check the money they're offering with others to make sure you're not short-changed. Some who post jobs on craigslist truly aren't worth the time of anyone but the most incompetent slacker, as they want something for nothing.

Honored Contributor
I wouldn't apply for a job listed on Craigslist if the position was for the Queen of England. Legit businesses don't list jobs there unless they're looking for trash.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
On 2/3/2015 Kachina624 said: I wouldn't apply for a job listed on Craigslist if the position was for the Queen of England. Legit businesses don't list jobs there unless they're looking for trash.

That is absolutely an overstatement.

Many reputable, verifiable companies advertise for real jobs at all sorts of levels...from minimum wage jobs to professional positions.

You just have to know how to do your due diligence when using CL.

Calling people you don't know "trash" is unnecessary, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2015 Kachina624 said: I wouldn't apply for a job listed on Craigslist if the position was for the Queen of England. Legit businesses don't list jobs there unless they're looking for trash.

not true

Super Contributor

I think job hunting these days is so impersonal. I hear they scan resumes for certain words and weed out the ones that don't comply. Gone are the days that someone actually reads your resume and takes stock of all you have to offer.

I know, I'm currently searching for a new job after many years.

Networking works, but you have to have the right contacts who will help you. Most contacts I have say they'll "keep me in mind," and I never hear back.

Personally, I'm getting scared and frustrated.

Trusted Contributor

in my opinion, try everything that you can find, as you never know what might come up, and where you might find it.

I would try the internet, newspapers, networking, going to your local job center, and seeing if there are any job seminars that are coming up in that could help you, etc.

I would still check your newspaper classified section. You might still find jobs posted there, and if your paper puts out a free newspaper supplement, I would check that classified section, too.

There are legitimate jobs posted on Craigslist.

The legitimate companies will post their company information in the ad. They will post detailed information, like their name, website, or phone number, etc.

They will give you some kind of way of contacting them.

The ones that aren't legitimate will normally just give you some kind of "vague" information without much/any detail, just so that they can start spamming your e-mail afterwards. Those are the ones that you have to watch out for, in my opinion.