Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers does it AGAIN with her big mouth

Doesn't anyone ""get"" that Joan wasn't making fun of the pregnant woman at all. She was making fun of the maternity DRESS she was wearing. Joan's words were ""that dress makes her look like I do standing sideways with no bra on"". Nobody was in love with that dress. It was ugly and very UNflattering on the pregnant woman.

Sometimes I really wonder about the people here who ""think"" they have a sense of humor....

Super Contributor

Not liking Joan Rivers brand of humor does not make me (or anyone else) humorless. I just don't care for it, that's all.

If posters think she's funny, fine. If posters don't think she's funny, fine.

Respected Contributor

That woman's mouth causes me to change channels each time she is on. She has enough fans so she really doesn't need me anyway.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 sophiamarie said:

Doesn't anyone "get" that Joan wasn't making fun of the pregnant woman at all. She was making fun of the maternity DRESS she was wearing. Joan's words were "that dress makes her look like I do standing sideways with no bra on". Nobody was in love with that dress. It was ugly and very UNflattering on the pregnant woman.

Sometimes I really wonder about the people here who "think" they have a sense of humor....

I think plenty of people "get" that, and this thread wasn't about Joan insulting Chris Hemsworth's wife's dress.... it was about her making a comment about Lena. Regardless, Joan is Joan and she obviously is very offensive to many.

On the other hand, I don't think a person has to be a fan of Joan's to be considered having a sense of humor either. Humor is like religion, s3x, and politics... what works for one, might not work for another.

Esteemed Contributor

There are some things Joan says that I really don't think are funny. Her language doesn't offend me at all. I read her book (I hate everyone, including myself) and have to say - that is the funniest book I have ever read. Even those who hate her, will not be able to refrain from laughing. Just thinking about it makes me laugh...... ROFL{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry - but I don't know who this Lena is.....

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Jules5280 said:

Doesn't anyone "get" that Joan wasn't making fun of the pregnant woman at all. She was making fun of the maternity DRESS she was wearing. Joan's words were "that dress makes her look like I do standing sideways with no bra on". Nobody was in love with that dress. It was ugly and very UNflattering on the pregnant woman.

Sometimes I really wonder about the people here who "think" they have a sense of humor....

I think plenty of people "get" that, and this thread wasn't about Joan insulting Chris Hemsworth's wife's dress.... it was about her making a comment about Lena. Regardless, Joan is Joan and she obviously is very offensive to many.

On the other hand, I don't think a person has to be a fan of Joan's to be considered having a sense of humor either. Humor is like religion, s3x, and politics... what works for one, might not work for another.

Sorry I went off-topic here. I promise it won't happen again.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Jules5280 said:

Sorry I went off-topic here. I promise it won't happen again.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Well, since you mentioned it... perfect! Smile In all seriousness, was that comment really necessary? I wasn't criticizing you, just addressing what you said, and you did mention you don't even know who Lena is.

Super Contributor

There are several styles of humor ranging from potty mouth to toilet humor to foul mouths like Andrew dice clay who denigrates women and then there's slapstick and beyond. Joan is joan. If one doesn't like her brand of humor that doesn't mean they lack a sense of humor. Mealy mouth? Ridiculous.
Respected Contributor

Like her/don't.Watch her/turn her off.Laugh/be offended.There are so many forms of comedy and so many different comedians. There is something for everyone.

Let's say what comedians we do like instead..

Kathy Griffith

DL Hughly

Chris Rock

Jerry Seinfeld

George Carlin