Super Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers does it AGAIN with her big mouth

On 3/26/2014 birkin baby said:

Like her/don't.Watch her/turn her off.Laugh/be offended.There are so many forms of comedy and so many different comedians. There is something for everyone.

Let's say what comedians we do like instead..

Kathy Griffith

DL Hughly

Chris Rock

Jerry Seinfeld

George Carlin

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Uh oh, There's only one comedian I like from this group and he's dead.

Honored Contributor

Joan has always been vulgar...but as she has aged she has added mean to her repertoire.....I cant stand her form of "humor" aka getting a laugh at someone else's expense.....considering all the plastic surgery she's had, she is in no position to criticize anyone else's appearance!

Respected Contributor

Her brand of comedy is just not funny period.

I use to could take Joan or leave her until I saw her unleash her nastiness on sweet Annie Dukes on Celebrity Apprentice. I could not believe the ugliness in the boardroom gatherings coming from her all in the name to win that game. She is pure evil and I do believe Johnny Carson witnessed the evil in her too.

She is one woman I can not stomach...

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 SeaGal said:

I use to could take Joan or leave her until I saw her unleash her nastiness on sweet Annie Dukes on Celebrity Apprentice. I could not believe the ugliness in the boardroom gatherings coming from her all in the name to win that game. She is pure evil and I do believe Johnny Carson witnessed the evil in her too.

Evil? She's a comedian for Pete's Sake, not Hitler.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

Joan can be downright awful but I've heard worse things, more coarse and vulgar, said about women from political talk radio hosts.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 adelle38 said:

Evil? She's a comedian for Pete's Sake, not Hitler.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Joan but on Celebrity Apprentice Annie as good as she got. Annie just happened to do her dirt differently than Joan.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

When me and my husband saw her show at the Venetian there was a lot of dead silence during a lot of her so-called jokes because they fell flat. Also, there was moaning from the audience when she said something that really offended people like calling M.J. a pedophile right after he was buried. The people who laughed the loudest were her staff of writers and gophers who were sitting in the audience in the front left section of the theater. We were in the front right section. Their laughs were the silliest and the loudest and Joan played to them. That show was taped and later shown and I saw it. That male writer she employs who did the shtick in England with Joan was there screaming at the top of his lungs like a lunatic. Joan needs these people to do a show.

I recently started taping Lena's HBO show "Girls," and I like it. When it appears on my playlist I can't wait to see the new episode. My husband thinks she's disgusting, fat, gross and refuses to watch again. I don't find his comments funny just like I don't find Joan's funny and people on this thread are right...she makes comments about people, not jokes.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Lila Belle said:

Joan can be downright awful but I've heard worse things, more coarse and vulgar, said about women from political talk radio hosts.

Not to mention elected officials and those running for public office. Let's just shut that whole thing down.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

Adelle, there was no comedy in the boardroom, it was not a comedic situation. She let her true (nasty) colors show, yes she is evil.