Respected Contributor

Re: Jim Carrey's GF Commits Suicide

Chickenbutt...that was deep.  Heart

Honored Contributor

straykatz wrote:

Chickenbutt...that was deep.  Heart

Thanks, Straykatz!   It just hit me while I was in the shower this morning.   I got really upset and cried through my whole shower (fun shower, eh?) so, as soon as I was back at my computer I pounded it out.  Truth be told, it sounded better and more eloquent in my head.  hehe - by the time I got here it lost some of its steam.

Maybe it didn't need to be said, but I felt like I needed to say it.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

I agree with you 100%.....from experience.

Very well said.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

This is so sad. What a beautiful girl who sounds like she had a really beautiful heart.

I hate hearing that expression "it was so selfish" when someone commits suicide. No one knows the pain a person goes through before they decide to do something like this. It is often done after living through years of mental pain and going from dr to dr to get help in the form of therapy and different combinations of drugs to help them get to a point where they could deal with the pain. Thankfully, I have had many friends saved through that and have gone on to live happier lives but I have had 2 close friends who after fighting more than 20 yrs of chronic painfully debilitating depression, could go on no longer. THey fought as long as they could and weren't selfish at all. The only people who are selfish are the ones demanding someone should stay here regardless of how unhappy they are after trying for years and years, to be happy.

Jim Carrey himself is bipolar and has gone through long periods of depression.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

chickenbutt, everything you said is so true.....

Honored Contributor

Thanks, IG and Fourpaws, for understanding.

Although, I suppose it's probably the people who don't understand who are the fortunate ones.  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer wrote:

@chickenbutt...I have been avoiding reading this thread because it hits too close to home. My son took his own life ten years ago. He was a drug addict. You are a very wise lady and thank you for your posts on this subject. You are never judgemental and try to be understanding of what others are dealing with. No one knows or can assume what goes on in a persons head when they decide to end their life. My thoughts and prayers go out to this young lady's family and friends.Cat Sad

I am so terribly sorry for your unspeakable loss!  Smiley Sad    I really cannot imagine.   You have been so kind to me and I enjoy our exchanges.   That you have gone through such a profound loss just breaks my heart.  I imagine yours is still broken to this day.

Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

catwhisperer, I am so very sorry about your dear Son. I am sure he is at peace and want's you to remember all the good times, I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child....hugs, cali