Respected Contributor

Re: Jim Cantore is in Ocean City, Maryland

We live 20 minutes inland from OCMD and it's heavy rain, but no wind.  It's weird.  Many things were canceled but an outdoor festival will resume at 3pm today.  I don't know if the storm stalled or hasn't hit us yet.  We were in OCMD yesterday tying stuff down at our condo with other owners.  The ocean always rages no matter where a storm is so it's nothing new.  It was windy, but we have had more wind in a thunderstorm.  It actually looks like it's going to miss us or it's weakened.  It's almost 10:00 am here.

Honored Contributor

We met Cantore at the WX Channel in 1997, took a tour, really nice guy, down to earth. He was on his way to lunch and was carrying a brown paper bag !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen the promo video that The Weather Channel released a couple of years ago...It shows Jim Cantore going on Vacation at a resort beach area and everyone starts freaking out when they see him...It's hilarious!!!!

Just Google...."Hilarious Video Of  What Happens When Jim Cantore Goes On Vacation"...    😂 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

not such a great day in delmarva for the first days of autumn.....weathering the storms, taken around 8am 9/23/23......

first day of autumn 2023 delmarva.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Who is Jim Cantore?

@chessylady  thanks very much for asking that question. I didn't know whether he was real or fictional. Now I know.

Respected Contributor

It is not as bad as we thought it would be.

There was a break for a bit and my husband took the dog to the park.

It is still raining with random gusts of wind.  Hopefully, it will be out of here soon.  Definitely thankful the severity was less than expected.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha   Around the beaches nothing much thankfully.  Inland nothing but steady rain all day, no wind.

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick   I will chalk this up to dodging a bullet.

Hopefully things all over were lesser than expected.

Luckily, the Oceans Calling Musical Festival in OC is not until 9/29.  People are coming here from all over the country for this one.  I hope weather will not be a factor for them.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I've had on TWC, off and on, all day and have yet to see Jim Cantor or anyone else in Ocean City, MD.  In fact, they haven't even mentioned Ocean City!

Honored Contributor

Where I live was supposed to get drenched with rain, total nothingburger. Weather hype is out of control sometimes.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"