Respected Contributor

Re: Jim Cantore is in Ocean City, Maryland

Who is Jim Cantore?

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Who is Jim Cantore?

@chessylady 

well known meteorologist and storm tracker, weather channel hottie, and an all around great guy!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Good to know.

Honored Contributor

midnight 9/23/23

light rain has started falling in the baltimore area.

i do have my bedroom window open because the air does feel nice!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chessylady,

He's the weatherman who they say appears at all the major weather events the past 30 years. In Person. He is one of the best and most well known of all weathermen.

I remember seeing someone post a sign they saw in Florida saying Jim Cantore, stay home or go away or something like that. Just like this MD one. Kind of a funny way to say uh oh, its going to be bad if he appears here.

I saw today this severe storm will affect the east coast of NC, Virginia, and Delmarva peninsula-the beaches of Delaware and Maryland.

In OC I can Imagine that ocean comes right over the boardwalk and into the street. There are not many dunes in OC last times I was there. 

In Cape May the dunes were built up a lot after 2 hurricanes swept over the houses on the point and floated them down the street. MY father's and stepmother owned the house that had gotten through a hurricane twice. I guess they brought those houses back. Can you imagine?! And some people continued to stay even after living thru 2 of them. But some said no after the first, they couldn't go through it again.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay and @chessylady - I'm sorry my sign is a little misleading. This sign was actually over Lake Pontchartrain near New Orleans before Hurricane Delta.

It really has become almost a joke. I remember not long ago someone saw him eating dinner at a restaurant in a city in a hurricane's path and gave a warning to prepare for the worst. If he's there it's going to be bad. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,

That's funny though probably actually scary to those in the weather at the time.

I guess there have been those signs in a lot of citiesSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha 

The County Fair in St. Mary's is happening this weekend, so at least one day will be cancelled. 

We are on the border of Charles and St. Mary's and it is very windy and rainy right now...but supposed to get worse as the day progresses.

We are in the woods and the trees swaying back and forth always make me nervous Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Everyone,Stay safe everyone! Shop Heirs www.shopheirs.com.