Valued Contributor

I watched a few minutes of the TSV mattress presentation w/ the Scott brothers- Why is Jill working with/for them? They certainly don't need her. They can certainly sell something on their own. She stood there and didn't add anything- The entire thing seemed awkward. 

Esteemed Contributor

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is the second TSV of theirs that she has been a part of.  I did not watch any of it this time (or last) as I don't need a mattress.  But I guess the brothers thought with her years of presentations, she could help.  I don't know if she is doing anything "behind the scenes" with them or not.  However, I agree with you that those boys can do just fine on their own.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@PhillyGirl23  She has been a Scott Bros "brand ambassador" for nearly a year now. She has made appearances on QVC for Scott several times since then. She unusually takes half of the 24 hour TSV presentation, and the brothers take the other half. Sometimes they are on together. I think they needed someone to spell them during the long TSV days.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23   Why did Jill appear with the Scott Brothers?  My guess is you'd need to ask them as they haven't announced a reason.  She does seem to be excess baggage.  Maybe she's destitute and they feel sorry for 

her.....probably not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The brothers probably thought that it would be nice to have a woman's perspective on their products.  I notice that Jill has improved in her presentations.  She is better in representing the brothers than she ever was as a QVC host.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC rude/unkind

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

I watched a few minutes of the TSV mattress presentation w/ the Scott brothers- Why is Jill working with/for them? They certainly don't need her. They can certainly sell something on their own. She stood there and didn't add anything- The entire thing seemed awkward. 

@PhillyGirl23 

This is usually a LIVE television show, and the host is there to not only help with presentations (if needed, which it usually is) but also to keep the production running smoothly.

That earpiece the hosts wear not only prompt them if quantities are selling out, but to keep them on time, plus several other things that are going on while the presentation is happening.   

The brothers may know the product, but I doubt they know the details of how the QVC studio activity behind the camera needs to play out.

Maybe the brothers know enough that Jill didn't need to comment?   I didn't see this, but IMO there's nothing worse than a host babbling on and on when I want to hear about the product being offered.   

JMO

Honored Contributor

Never had a use for her or the Scott Brothers.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the mattress shows, so I hadn't noticed Jill's presence.  I always enjoyed her and found her to be an excellent host.  I could understand why the Scott's would want her on their team for presentations.  I also enjoy the Scott Brothers, though sometimes they can get a little silly on their HGTV show.

Respected Contributor

I like Jill & bought lots of Christmas & home decor she presented on Q. I don't watch Q anymore, just shop the website & did watch her mattress video, the Brothers made a smart decision making her a brand ambassador. Jill has her own website with tips & items for sale,...she looks happy so good for her.