Honored Contributor

Jill Bauer Getting Another Today Show Segment

Jill hosted a FB Chat one evening last week and announced that The Today show has asked her back to do another segment.  As of right now she is not sure when that segment will air.  During the chat she indicated that the show picks the topics for her.

The next topic will be about small appliances that you don't use because you don't know what to do with them, like an Instapot, air fryer, etc.  Again people are supposed to submit a very short video asking what to do with whatever appliance you don't use.  Jill said she is not in on the process of picking who is chosen for these segments.

As an aside, did anyone else see the chat? Leanne was giving Jill viewer questions asked during the chat and Jill was answering them.  Someone on another board said that Jill must not have realized she was still live and Leanne said people wanted to know if she keeps in touch with Lisa Mason and that Jill made a really rude comment.  I didn't hear this at all.  I never saw a comment made about LM nor did I hear Leanne ask any question.  Wondering if someone misheard something.  Not sure why anyone would bring up LM, she's not been a host in a very long time.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer Getting Another Today Show Segment

@Lipstickdiva   I'm very happy for Jill.  I thought she did a great job on the last segment.  I doubt it's true about Lisa Mason, especially since you didn't hear it.  She's sort of a random person to ask about since she hasn't been there in so long.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Shows new topic - should be helpful to some - just suggest it not go on and on and on like the refrigerator gig did.  After the 4th messy refrigerator and Jill's sing-song blah blah..........my eyes glazed over  &  head started to 'swim'.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it will be organizing your sock drawer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

And Here We Go!

Those wishing and hoping for Jill to fail now have a second opportunity.

That refrigerator segment was all of 5 and a half minutes.

Honored Contributor

If they asked her back to do another segment, she must have done really well!  

Even though the  Today Show picks the topics and the videos, Jill will in some way still be criticized.  

Super Contributor

Good for Jill.  None of these segments are of interest to me--and to be fair I am not a fan of the Today show.  But I think it's great that Jill is getting to fulfill a dream of hers.  5 minutes segments can turn into more and she's only 51 so she has a full 2nd career ahead if she wants.  She's looking great and seems interested in continuing her QVC fan base.  

Jill was never my favorite host--but there's no reason to not wish her well.  Her success or failure doesn't impact any of our lives..so why not just wish her well!

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised that Today wants her back.  She nailed that first segment.  She was excellent.  Easy going, warm, approachable and she gave some excellent tips.  I don't believe that Jill said anything rude about Lisa Mason.  You didn't hear it yourself so I don't know why you would bring it up.

Regular Contributor

"Shows new topic - should be helpful to some - just suggest it not go on and on and on like the refrigerator gig did.  After the 4th messy refrigerator and Jill's sing-song blah blah..........my eyes glazed over  &  head started to 'swim'."

it is sad you are such a debbie downer. I hope some happiness comes into your life

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's something to admire about Jill quitting her day job to try something new. She seems excited about it, so who are we to rain on her parade? If the Today Show wants me to present a 5 minute segment on smelly socks, I'd do it in a heartbeat! #GOJILL!!