Frequent Contributor

A brain anurysm does not cause one to commit suicide it causes sudden death. I just cant believe a mother would kill herself and leave her 2 small children behind. Perhaps the note was planted and she was murdered? People are saying the marriage was not good perhaps she was thinking of divorce and the husband didnt want to loose his kids?

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 pupcakes said:
On 8/7/2014 howwhatwhen said:
On 8/7/2014 pommom said:

What would cause asphyxiation?

Since the sleeping pill box/bottle was found empty inside of her vehicle I would guess that she took them all, which would put her to sleep but not kill her (per the article that the amount she purchased was non lethal) then she placed a bag over head and waited to fall asleep. Breathing into the bag would cause the build up of carbon monoxide thus asphyxating the person. Yes I know that there was no mention of a bag found with/on the body but it's the only think I could think of at the moment that makes any since at all.

This is not what happened. She left a note in the car & then HUNG herself. R.I.P.

I have not seen anything reporting she hung herself; where did you hear this?

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/7/2014 lovesrecess said:
On 8/7/2014 pommom said:

Since the sleeping pill box/bottle was found empty inside of her vehicle I would guess that she took them all, which would put her to sleep but not kill her (per the article that the amount she purchased was non lethal) then she placed a bag over head and waited to fall asleep. Breathing into the bag would cause the build up of carbon monoxide thus asphyxating the person. Yes I know that there was no mention of a bag found with/on the body but it's the only think I could think of at the moment that makes any since at all.

This is not what happened. She left a note in the car & then HUNG herself. R.I.P.

I have not seen anything reporting she hung herself; where did you hear this?

The medical examiner announced it.

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 lovesrecess said:

They say suicide is the ultimate selfish act; I can't imagine a mother leaving her small children on purpose; they will be dealing with her abandonment the rest of their lives...there must have been another reason she did this but I can't imagine why.

I said in my first thread many would disagree with what I would have to say about suicide and that is why I left it where I did. What I will say is what you say above with which I agree 100%. I however would add a lot more but it would possibly get this thread deleted as it did in the past thread some time back.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor
On 8/7/2014 pommom said:

Thanks for letting me know..I haven't watched much news so I wasn't following the case and since it wasn't reported "how" I just posted a guess, one possibility. Either way it is a sad situation for all.

Super Contributor

Very sad.

Super Contributor

This is a very sad, but interesting case. I didn't think the OTC pills killed her. I guess we have to wait for the complete details to emerge. I do think that the autopsy results came in rather quickly. Are there any details about the suicide note? Even though the death is classified as a suicide, someone may be digging deeper. Stand by on this one. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Sleeping pills, whether over the counter or not, can kill you if you take enough of them. So can common aspirin. It seems she had this all planned and orchestrated and didn't want anyone to find her and revive her, given where she drove to be isolated. I feel so bad for her family who will have to live with this the rest of their lives. I wonder what was in her note.

OMG! I just now read that the Medical Examiner reported Jennifer's asphixiation was a result of hanging herself. She must have taken the sleeping pills as an anesthesia before she did it.

Super Contributor
On 8/8/2014 RainCityGirl said:

Sleeping pills, whether over the counter or not, can kill you if you take enough of them. So can common aspirin. It seems she had this all planned and orchestrated and didn't want anyone to find her and revive her, given where she drove to be isolated. I feel so bad for her family who will have to live with this the rest of their lives. I wonder what was in her note.

OMG! I just now read that the Medical Examiner reported Jennifer's asphixiation was a result of hanging herself. She must have taken the sleeping pills as an anesthesia before she did it.

Don't know. If you decide to hang yourself. Do you worry about the pain? I don't think so, not if your in such a deep depression. I still think there may be more to this story. IMO, things just don't add up including the cavalier attitude of her husband.

Honored Contributor

A person can be in such a deep depression - if not treated - can become psychotic. Very sad.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G