Honored Contributor

I am not an expert about unions but I worked nonunion jobs (in hospitals) for years after my divorce.  I moved to another state and took a job in a hospital with a union and what a difference.  It took twice as many employees to do the same amount of work and all promotions were done on the basis of seniority not ability.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because solicitation

Esteemed Contributor
Amazon is not necessarily a “well oiled machine” like someone else said. Our company sends things to Amazon to sell and also lists things on Amazon to fulfill ourselves. There have been many hiccups, computer glitches, rules that don’t make sense, etc. Too many details to list here. But my boss has spent hours with the Amazon people, who are all out of the US, trying to get things fixed.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: 😯 Jeff Bezos 😯

[ Edited ]

All the major employers with massively low wage workforces should unionize. Definitely. It's important for the workers' voices to be heard. It's the only way to ensure safety and a living wage.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I think he should buy Facebook and Fox.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

He wants more time to spend with other planets...

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Since I have only worked hourly paid jobs, what difference is there between a "chief" and a lowly "executive chair" ? And is this Andy guy someone I should know? 

With my blue collar background it just sounds like musical chairs to me, and maybe some changing of names on a couple office doors.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: 😯 Jeff Bezos 😯

[ Edited ]

Whar you might not know about the Amazon "machine" started by one guy.

<<Amazon.com, Inc. offers a range of products and services through its Websites. The Company's products include merchandise and content that it purchases for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers.

It also manufactures and sells electronic devices. It operates through three segments: North America, International and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Its AWS products include analytics, Amazon Athena, Amazon CloudSearch, Amazon EMR, Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue and AWS Lake Formation. AWS solutions include machine learning, analytics and data lakes, Internet of Things, serverless computing, containers, enterprise applications, and storage.

In addition, the Company provides services, such as advertising. It also offers Amazon Prime, a membership program that includes free shipping, access to streaming of various movies and television (TV) episodes.>>

Honored Contributor

Say it ain't so.  They'll probably picked a conventional CEO and Amazone will end up just as conventional

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Maybe he just wants to romp around with his hot girlfriend he left his wife for.

Maye his wife stopped being hot.