Respected Contributor

Just saw a glimpse of Susan Graver presenting a shirt on AM style - anyhow, I was really just wondering how many women actually wear their jeans that long? I mean large flares or bells like that that actually cover your whole foot. Reminds me of Lisa Robertson and the wide bells she used to wear - what was that referred to back then, her Gumby look?

i love my jeans too - but, I don't spend all that money on my awesome shoes to cover them up with denim! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Re: Jean lengths....

[ Edited ]

I knew someone who did this in junior high, 1974.  Her jeans dragged on the ground, and actually got torn and dirty and raggedy.  No one else's mother would allow such a thing.  I think young'ins do it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I like my wide leg pants to be longer than straight leg ... maybe an inch or so.  I have them hemmed on an angle ... a bit shorter in the front so they "break" where I like at the front so you can see my shoes, yet cover most of the back of my shoe.

Honored Contributor

I think with young people (and some adults) it's more a matter of laziness than style.  

My daughters don't iron anything anymore.  My one daughter's husband either takes his things to the cleaners or irons them himself.

I know it sounds stupid but I like my jeans and pants kinda stiff and with creases.  I don't like them real long.

I can hem them myself, just takes a minutes.

But with everything out there you don't even have to sew anymore.  You can use material glue.  It works great and stays through wash after wash.

I have yet to buy a sweater, coat or shirt that the sleeves weren't down to the end of my thumb.  Drives me crazy.  I often have to sew/hem them.

Honored Contributor

The 70's with platforms is where this trend should have remained.

I don't see this (jeans dragging on the ground) except with sloppy males or those who are wannabes.

Valued Contributor

Shsan Graver jeans don't dragging on the ground, it's look great on her. This kind of jeans very in fashion right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Dragging your pants egs near or at the ground appears as if you couldn't afford to go get them altered.  Not a good look in mho. 

Flared jeans are makig a comeback but the straight jeans are still favored.  I don't like the exagerrated bell bottoms. Never flattered anyone.  Young teens are a different matter.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Ever try to walk down a flight of stairs with very high heels and jeans (or other pants) that cover the shoes completely?  You had better hold on tight to that handrail because your heel wil get caught in the hem and down you go -- and hard.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

Ever try to walk down a flight of stairs with very high heels and jeans (or other pants) that cover the shoes completely?  You had better hold on tight to that handrail because your heel wil get caught in the hem and down you go -- and hard.

@Brooklynny

So true!  Standing around on the stage for a while is nothing like real life.

Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Dragging your pants egs near or at the ground appears as if you couldn't afford to go get them altered.  Not a good look in mho. 

Flared jeans are makig a comeback but the straight jeans are still favored.  I don't like the exagerrated bell bottoms. Never flattered anyone.  Young teens are a different matter.  

Oh I beg to differ on the 'never flattered anyone' comment. Just bought a pair of dark wash flares from Target. I can't believe how I look slimmer in them. The curve- in at the knee and flare out at the hemline really gives a good shaping. 

I love them. And I think Susan looks great in those flares; taller too.