Honored Contributor

Re: Jared Fogle pleads guilty.....

@feline groovy wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@feline groovy

Not only did I hear about Jared, it was followed by a story of a local guy who was nailed for child p**n.  I just don't understand it.  Not one bit.

Wow, birdmama... Woman Sad

It's tragic, yet interesting, how it's usually the male gender that's attracted to it, though.

I almost always think of the psychological aspect of things, especially as most people aren't born "bad.".

There, but for the grace of God and the universe, goes every single one of us.

The only difference separating all human beings around the world is chance.

I think the main reason it's almost always males is that the male of the species is arr-rouzed visually, while for females the visual aspect is much, much less for the majority. The guys want to look, choose to look, at images; women not really.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Fogle is a disgusting piece of human sewageWoman Mad

Birdmama, it is rampant. On our local news tonight, a story about a male teacher in a smallish city about 50 miles from me. Resigned under investigation of abuse.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@NoelSeven

Yes, you are right.  What alarms me is the number of cases that I am hearing about.  

I agree, it's scary.  Some years ago, it was discovered a group of them met in a public library in a residential neighborhood in the city.  They had developed a how-to book and a list of places kids could be found.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Such things are on my local news every day. It's partly because the media is quick to report, but "media" in terms of the internet, is how they feed their perversion.

Honored Contributor

I've always been suspect of men who choose to be around children.  Sure, most may be wonderful people, but not all of them.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@NoelSeven

Yes, you are right.  What alarms me is the number of cases that I am hearing about.  

I'd rather it been out in the open as much as possible, myself.

That way, there's more people caught, and more attention, information, preventive measures, and alerts out there.

We're hearing more about bad stuff - that's been around for thousands of years - because of technology.

And the preponderance of instant assumption and judgement that people are increasingly doing.

Plus - and what to me is actually distressing - the fact that more and more evil/cruel human beings don't care anymore about the consequences of their actions.

That's been ever-increasing for the last several years, and will only get worse, unfortunately.

Especially since money and connections allow criminals of all kinds to get just a slap on the wrist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@feline groovy

Not only did I hear about Jared, it was followed by a story of a local guy who was nailed for child p**n.  I just don't understand it.  Not one bit.

It's tragic, yet interesting, how it's usually the male gender that's attracted to it, though.

I almost always think of the psychological aspect of things, especially as most people aren't born "bad.".

I think the main reason it's almost always males is that the male of the species is arr-rouzed visually, while for females the visual aspect is much, much less for the majority. The guys want to look, choose to look, at images; women not really.

Plus, most of a female's brain and decision-making functions are not located in our privates.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@feline groovy

Plus, most of our brain and decision-making functions are not located in our privates.

Females, you mean? True ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@feline groovy

I think the word is not CHANCE but CHOICE. Each and every person who has been involved, as an adult, in child exploitation didn't do it but chance, but by choice. They may have been exploited as a child themselves, but as an adult they have the ability to make a CHOICE not to exploit another child. So many do not use their God-given ability to choose rightly.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@feline groovy

Plus, most of our brain and decision-making functions are not located in our privates.

Females, you mean? True ;-)

Yeah; sorry!  *blushes*

I saw that and just corrected my original post.  ;-)