Contributor

Something has changed in the cancellation policy of QVC----seems even within 24 hours you do not have the right to change your mind.    I ordered something less than 24 hours ago and, of course, nothing has shipped.     In fact, shipping lately is taking longer to see on tracking information yet QVC is not giving customers fair time to even change their mind??

This will now make me really think twice about clicking my online order or even by phone.  I think this in not fair in that people should have the right to change their minds ---at least by the next day.     Just because it shows "in process" does not mean it is going to get ot me for 10 days to weeks!         I will pull the reins in on shopping so fast now and really think about whether I want any items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancelling an item--QVC?

I don't know of any place that gives you 24 hours to change your mind.  I worked for Talbots, and you could usually cancel within a few hours but no more than that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Nope.   Disagree.    I have ordered from QVC for years and this changed. 

Trusted Contributor

Nothing has changed in regards to the cancellation policy  No retailer guarantees 24 hours to change one's mind.  The closest is, perhaps, HSN which allows cancellations up until Midnight (ET)) on the date of order for most (but not all) purchases.

Once an order is placed, in many cases, the order is sent to the warehouse or the vendor for shipping for packaging and shipping.  This is an automated process.

Rather than complain that you do not hae time to change your mind, you need to make your decision BEFORE you place the order. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bigfork wrote:

Nope.   Disagree.    I have ordered from QVC for years and this changed. 

You're right- we used to be able to cancel or  edit an item while the order was 'in process'. No matter how many days it was! They've changed things- and when I recently asked (after trying to edit an order) they couldn't tell me how long exactly we had to edit or change an item. 

I'm in the habit of modifying orders before midnight with hsn, so I do it that way with qvc now as well. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a tsv recently then did some research on it and changed my mind. I called customer service around 4 the next afternoon and was told I couldn't cancel the order. The cs rep transfered my call to someone else who had no problem cancelling the order. I guess it just depends on who you talk to. 

Respected Contributor

@Bigfork wrote:

I will pull the reins in on shopping so fast now and really think about whether I want any items.

That sounds like a good plan. IMO, placing an order means "Yes, I want to buy this item" not "I'm trying to decide if I want this."   Things you're thinking about buying should be put on a wish list, not ordered.

Frequent Contributor

Depending on the delivery system used you could be in luck.  If package is delivered by UPS you can refuse the package and it is returned no charge to QVC or whomever QVC is getting the item from.  If it happens to be delivered you have 5 days to refuse the item, you then call UPS and tell them you have a package to be picked up and they will come and get your unopened package and ship it back at no charge.  I wish I knew this years ago for the exact reason you are stated now. I know this because I ordered a pilates rebounder that sat in the warehouse for a week with no movement, so I called QVC and they said it was in processing and couldn't cancel.  So I called UPS gave them the tracking number and they cancelled the order. I watched it track right back to the manufacter and no shipping charges were incured on my end.  So try calling UPS and give them your tracking number if its still not left the warehouse they can cancel it on their end.  But this only works for UPS if delivered by the USPS regular mail then I'm not sure what your options are. 

Honored Contributor

There have been things recently I have not been able to cancel online - I'd get the message it could not be canceled because it was in the process of shipping - but the CS rep when I called was still able to cancel it for me.   There have also been a couple of time where I've gotten the aforesaid message online, but went back an hour or two later and was able to cancel.   Go figure.

Super Contributor

I have noticed this also.  There is a couple of ways to cancel online and if one tells me I can't I try the other.  Then wait a few minutes and try again.  Sometime it takes some persistents but usually I can get it canceled within the 24 hours.