Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cancelling an item--QVC?

I thought this was, if the situation-referring to orders placed/continue on or cancel within a few hours, of the same day....was something informative to any customer.

I am (almost 99%) sure, the day I place an order, this is either something I wish to try or need.  I usually do most of my shopping around the holidays, or 6 weeks before. 

I had not heard of this new time slot...to change one's mind. I cannot remember if or when that may have happened. I do know that for years there was a time limit if for any reason there was a reason in doing so. 

For myself:  I placed 3 large orders for a popular name brand, quite pricey, in different kits, Friday. I had not used this product line before, so asked the question for any reviews. Received only one very positive, so kept the 3 orders continuing through. Mainly, due to not being able to buy (Name Brand) from local cosmetic store here. BUT!  If  for any reason I decided to cancel and could not within a 12 hour period, that would have been my STOP POINT in purchasing ever again. FYI- one kit order was processed and emailed to be that the order was already on its way/w/tracking # hours after (order) was placed. That has never happened before, especially just before a weekend.... ?

I only buy what I've bought before and (usually) stay clear of clothing, unless it's a brand that I know the sizes perfectly.  This new order/shipping/without the option to re-think -i.e., 6-8 hours will make me re think.. THIS IS NOT MY VERSION of good streamlining ""CHOICE CUSTOMER"" purchasing buying power.  I will be quite considerably careful from this point on. Thank you. Have a great day. 

NAES

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it won't let me cancel an order online, but I can still cancel it using the automated system.

It kills me when you can't cancel, yet it sits 'in process' for 3-4 days before it ships!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair of Vionics. Literally asked question/received answer from Liam within 5 min. of ordering and decided to cancel based on answer. Less than 10 minutes after I placed the order, on a weekend with no orders being processed, I was unable to cancel. With that kind of limitation (10 minutes!), it's not necessary, it's just a money-maker/way for QVC to "force" a sale.

And because I was annoyed at the thought of paying return postage, when they arrived I was prepared to keep them if they worked for me at all. They definitely didn't, so back they went.

There are other options for purchasing Vionics, and under the above circumstances I see little reason to buy from QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I have cancelled items that were in the "processing" stage up to two or three days after ordering them and had no problems doing so.  A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some items during the 48 hour fashion weekend and tried to cancel them.  It would not let me cancel the items as they were already in the "process of shipping."  That was within 4 hours of placing my order.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I got a phone call shortly after cancelling an order and the woman from Qvc angrily asked, why did I cancel?

I was baffled by the question and thought of the following potential answers in a flash of a second.

1) None of your business.

2) I changed my mind so sue me.

3) I was trying to avoid a return, what do you want from me....

4) Leave me alone I am now in bed taking a nap. 

5) You called my private unlisted number to yell at me?  Don't ever call me again.

I chose number 3 and 5.  

Respected Contributor

I just tried to cancel an order that had been on waitlist forever. CS told me I couldnt that it was in process. I asked her if I could just refuse the package. She said she would not recommend it as it would then not be insured. I am furious!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed that the TSV for the soft stretch denim & co full length jeans, one could not change their mind whatsoever.  

I had asked a question in the product section "question and answers" in case someone who preorderd thru the Insider might see it and answer for me but no dice and I didn't want the charcoal to sell out in my size...so I placed an order.  

When I checked back later in the day, customer service had released one single review from a preorder and it exactly answered my question.  I then tried to cancel and could not....it was in process for at least 3 days and still wouldn't let me at any time cancel.  

I did keep it not because it was such a great pair of jeans (not as good as the soft stretch faux fly ankle pants) but because I would only wear it in the winter under a long coat anyway....and wanted to return something else that was really agregious.  

Honored Contributor

Once in awhile, they accidentally ship something very fast.  I ordered on the Carolyn Pollack show last night and at 3pm today, they showed the order shipped.  I think it's very difficult to stop an order that is shipped by the vendor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

There have been things recently I have not been able to cancel online - I'd get the message it could not be canceled because it was in the process of shipping - but the CS rep when I called was still able to cancel it for me.   There have also been a couple of time where I've gotten the aforesaid message online, but went back an hour or two later and was able to cancel.   Go figure.

@Pearlee This happened to me.  I ordered an item around 11 P.M.  The next morning I tried to cancel online, and was unable to do so.  I tried 24 hours later and was able to cancel.  In your words, go figure....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Canceling has always been hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes the system tells me I can't, but I try again a little later and it's allowed.

The other day, I placed an order and canceled it within 24 hours...and got the confirmation email--it was also marked "Canceled" on my Order Status page. Well, a couple days later I decided to go ahead and order the item again. Lo and behold, what shows up on my Order Status the next day? BOTH were shipped!!!! Luckily, I caught the UPS man, and refused one of the packages. I normally don't do that when I've just changed my mind, but this was NOT my fault.