Honored Contributor

Re: James van der beek on DWTS

@janeec wrote:

His wife lost the baby Saturday.  She is still in the hospital.

so very sad......miscarriages are NEVER easy.

may their children bring them comfort and joy, especially during this period of time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

What a week for James. Sorry to see him eliminated tonight. Hannah should have left instead of him.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see this show yet --- how terribly sad! I feel so badly for the whole family.  He has such a lovely wife and children.  Heartbreaking, to say the least.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

He didn't look very upset that he was eliminated. He just looked upset in general. Maybe relieved because his family needs him. I am sure getting ready for the finals is arduous.

In the beginning I thought he might win it all...no real standout now.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea how he got through those dances.  What a heartbreaking time for his family.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about his wife's miscarriage. Someone said she was still in the hospital since Saturday. Does anyone know how many months pregnant she was.

The saving grace is they at least have other children. I had several miscarriages and I regretfully was never able to go full term. That is the one joy I have always missed.

The plus side was I never had to be hospitalized. Always look for a "rainbow" when bad happens.

Honored Contributor

My heart was breaking  after listening to the judges he went over to hug  his crying daughter and ...he picked her up and carried her .  where he was to..hear his scores....i was crying with them.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I am so sorry to hear about his wife's miscarriage. Someone said she was still in the hospital since Saturday. Does anyone know how many months pregnant she was.

The saving grace is they at least have other children. I had several miscarriages and I regretfully was never able to go full term. That is the one joy I have always missed.

The plus side was I never had to be hospitalized. Always look for a "rainbow" when bad happens.

@Sheila P-Burg I heard the baby was due in April. Yes, they have 

5 children. This is their 4th miscarriage. Don't know how people

can continue to go thru such devastating loss. Terrible.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how he got through the dance numbers, I guess it's the old the show must go on. I do wonder if this hadn't happened would he have been voted off? They have five children, his wife has had four miscarriages, why put yourself through the physical and emotional pain, they are blessed with five children.

Honored Contributor

How could they vote him off after suffering such a loss?  It seems cruel.  At the beginning of the season, I predicted he'd be the winner.