Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

The insanity plea has always seemed like an oxymoron to me.  Maybe I'm too logical!

Except in the case of self defense,  if you kill someone, aren't you insane?   Does a sane person go around killing people?  If you kill a bunch of strangers aren't you insane?  If you are insane, you still killed people, so you are guilty - right?

It seems we should have an insane but guilty charge.

not necessarily................we train soldiers to kill, to kill effectively and kill as many enemy as possible..............I wouldn't consider any of them insane...............................................raven

Raven, I'm sure you get my point.  Soldiers kill in defence of their country.  I'm speaking of  random killing of strangers without provocation on their part.

I get your point............I just find it a little broad

people kill LE to get away when cornered...........people kill a spouse out of jealousy........gang members kill each other for wearing the wrong color or being in the wrong neighborhood.........rappers kill other rappers to gain street cred to make more money........kids kill their parents and siblings to get the family fortune.........people kill for all kinds of reasons or what they feel is justified reasons...........but not one of those reason is insanity................that is until they lawyer up................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

I could not be happier about the verdict.

I hope they are giving Old Sparky a tune up right now.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
I think the jury came back with the right verdict.