Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Thank you all for your responses.

I hadn't heard of this company before either, except for Jacuzzi  hot tubs.  Christina, from "Christina on the Coast" is the spokesperson for it.

Due to some physical limitations, I want to take out my tub/shower combo and replace it with just a low-rise, step-in shower.  I would find it too stressful to have my bathroom under construction for the length of time that would be needed for a regular remodel.

Thanks again for your replies.

@DottieBlue I don't know your level of tolerance, but we are currently having our hall bath redone, to be followed immediately by our master bath. It really hasn't been bad, except for some delays between "stages" which can't be helped really. The demo and reframing, drywal repair, etc. was done in just a few days. Now we're waiting for the tile people to finish another job, so it's been a week or so. But we do have another bathroom to use, so it's not too inconvenient.

The workers have been very considerate, covered the floors they walk on with heavy paper held down by painter's tape so as not to damage the wood. They cleaned up after themselves as much as possible. They also got here on time every day but one! We do have a really good contractor running the job, though. He specializes in residential remodels like ours.

One warning---it's awfully expensive! But both our bathrooms were at a point where it has to be done.