Trusted Contributor

It would be an interesting change, from working as a Diettian😉

However, I am So not a fan of public speaking, especially, anything impromptu. Probably, not an ideal candidate, eh?

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Normally I don't really care about sticking to every detail of a book, and I've seen the first movie at least 20 times.  Along with A Good Year, The Holiday (I really dislike three of the leads but love he movie), and a few others, it's always in our rotation.  

You've seen One Shot 20 times?

That's the second movie.  The first had Robert Duvall and Rosamund Pike as his co stars.  Love it!!

Oops! You are right. The second movie. As for me, Tom doesn't cut it as Jack Reacher is portrayed in the books. 

However, I do like Tom Cruise, which I know many people don't agree. I think his smile is the best!

The only book(s) that I might have a problem with re: casting is the In Death series by J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts.  Roarke is a tall guy with distinctive coloring and looks, and Eve is as well.  The way they're written, it's almost like their looks are a character unto themselves.  The movie rights had been sold long ago, but the whole thing fell through.  I literally can't see any actor I've watched before fit into either role.  

Then when it comes to the Red and Michael Bennett series by James Patterson, I'm quite open minded if either were made into a movie.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

The Jack Reacher movies are based on books by Lee Child. It is not a typical Tom Cruise movie as he was woefully miscast.

He was picked so the movie would make money. He is too small to play Jack Reacher. My choice would have 

been Vincent D'Onofrio.

I think he was picked because he owns the production company.   LOL

My husband wanted to watch the first so we did.  I was not impressed.   Jack Reacher is not a very good driver either.   Car scenes shouldn't even be in a movie.

Worst part is they've changed the cover on my ebooks with TC face.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*