Esteemed Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY - MATTEA ROACH DEFEATED

I watched a couple shows when Mattea was still on. She had a great run, but it gets boring when one person keeps winning. I prefer competition rather than seeing the same contestant over again. I lose interest when I already can figure the outcome. Time for new faces. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I for one was astounded at the knowledge she had of the United States. She was very well versed in so many topics. I don't mind someone who wins for awhile. They used to have 5 wins and off you went.  

I am not into Myaims style when she hosts the show. I think Ken is getting in his groove and would be a great replacement for Alex. 

Honored Contributor

@Kalli    We do, but for some reason as I watched this week I got the feeling she was also losing interest.  I don't remember which night, but I know one night earlier this week, she made a comment about her long run.  I don't have the exact words, but she made me think she felt it was okay if her run ended.

Esteemed Contributor

She is  a charming, intelligent young lady, very enjoyable, watched everyday to see how she would do. Very conservative in her wagers until the next to the last day.. Always smiling who can't enjoy someone like that.

Glad Mayiam is coming back she is a great host.

Respected Contributor

I thought she was completely obnoxious.
Honored Contributor

I guess I can't understand a winner getting tired or losing interest in being the winner.

I mean you win more money each time or at least you're still on for another day of possibly winning.

Unless it is a hardship in the case of being away from home or a job or a family, but if you well into the 6 figures, how bad could it be?

I realize you don't get the money each day you win, I think I read it's not paid to you for several months.

But still!

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed watching her. She had a good run and did well. I am really liking Ken as a host. Rooted for Myiam, but she makes me feel a bit agita.

Contributor

People may not realize how difficult mutliple games are for the contestant - they tape five shows in one day and the contestants have to get there very early in the day and leave late at night - for someone playing multiple games it came become quite exhausting.

While the host is pampered between tapings, the guests only have the green room to relax in and they need to change their cloths - if you watched closely, you can tell that Mattea was getting very creative with her mix and match wardrobe - overall, she seemed to have brought a very limited wardrobe with her.

I for one will miss her - she was a great player with an incredible breadth of knowledge, can't wait to see her on the tournament of champions.

(BTW - former Jeopardy contestant)

Frequent Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I thought she was completely obnoxious.

Yes, I agree &

Miss Know-it-all!

Esteemed Contributor

They should have told her to stop with the antics. I think it was selfish of her to act that way day after day -- it was obvious she wanted all the attention.

Guess she didn't care that it was a special time for the other contestants, too.