Honored Contributor

JCP / Quick Delivery

[ Edited ]

Early Sunday afternoon, I ordered some items from JCP ... shirt / scarf / shoes.

About 10 minutes ago I got a text message that the shoes shipped.  So - I check the tracking and it says "out for delivery."   

The JCP store is about a mile away - I'm guessing that the shoes came from the store rather than from their warehouse .... or perhaps the local Aerosoles store.

Trusted Contributor

I used to like shopping at Penny's; I liked the Worthington brand as well as St. John's Bay. Alas, all of the stores within a 60-mile radius from me closed down. While I could shop online, now I have to pay for shipping whereas I used to be able to have things shipped to the store for free. I guess it's really not that big of a deal, but it frustrates me.

Honored Contributor

Re: JCP / Quick Delivery

[ Edited ]

@PamelaSue72 

You might want to check the JCP website every so often ... many times there is free shipping for a rather low minimum purchase total.

And .... the frequent generous discounts more than offset the shipping cost.

ETA:  Not counting Ebates, my total savings via coupon and sales was $49.90 on only three items.  That more than pays for the $8.99 shipping.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@PamelaSue72 

You might want to check the JCP website every so often ... many times there is free shipping for a rather low minimum purchase total.

And .... the frequent generous discounts more than offset the shipping cost.

ETA:  Not counting Ebates, my total savings via coupon and sales was $49.90 on only three items.  That more than pays for the $8.99 shipping.

@ALRATIBA  I so agree with you.  I've gotten some wonderful things from JCP and at a bargain price for much the same price of trying and then having to return something I would purchase from QVC.  The bargains far outweigh the shipping.  

Valued Contributor

Someimes they have free shipping for order over eith $49 or$99. I get coupon codes from ebates & honey.Sometimes it's on the weekend. They ship to your home. 

Honored Contributor
We still have a JCP about 15 miles from here...but they charge $3.95 to pick it up at the store! I just try and have it shipped to my home when they have discounts; DH really likes their Stafford pinpoint dress shirts; he won’t go shopping for clothes, so I order the shirts for him; excellent quality and they always fit the same in his size.