Honored Contributor

😳😮😲 J&J Vaccine Boo-Boo! 😦😧😷

Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine doses are delayed by a U.S. factory mix-up.

"Workers at a Baltimore plant manufacturing two coronavirus vaccines accidentally conflated the vaccines’ ingredients several weeks ago, ruining about 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine and forcing regulators to delay authorization of the plant’s production lines.

The plant is run by Emergent BioSolutions, a manufacturing partner to both Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca. Federal officials attributed the mistake to human error.

The mixup has halted future shipments of Johnson & Johnson doses in the United States while the Food and Drug Administration investigates."

Full Article Source:  NYTimes DOT com

1142954.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 😳😮😲 J&J Vaccine Boo-Boo! 😦😧😷

Utterly unforgivable. You would think at this time, manufacturers would have done everything under the sun to eliminate 'human error' as related to the distribution of these items, including but not limited to not having two different vaccines manufactured out of the same plant. The FDA needs to 'investigate' quickly and get this rolling again. Given there are large segments of the public leery of this vaccination process anyway, this goes beyond being merely unfortunate. One wonders, can we manage to get anything right at this point?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

That's why I'm still sitting on a  fence post................Expect I'll be here for a while.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That's why I'm still sitting on a  fence post................Expect I'll be here for a while.

I understand totally, but my DH and I have relented and are going on Fri for our first shot, we are older and I just dont feel comfortable working in my office now without being vaccinated. All of our friends and family are. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Me too!  I'm never in a hurry for a new product..particularly something that's to be injected into my arm.

Esteemed Contributor

The news reports I've heard on this stressed that the involved manufacturing plant has NOT been certified by the FDA for manufacturing the vaccine and NONE of the J&J vaccine used in the U.S. has been manufactured there.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I am glad they caught the problem. And I'm glad the batch didn't make it out of the factory. At least this proves they have multiple quality check points that can catch problems.

I'm all the more glad I'm scheduled to get Pfizer. How disappointing and angering for everyone who was going to get the J&J.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@ShelbelleIt's okay to get vaccinated - I have nothing against it.  It's smart actually.  You say you are older and working in the business world -  - -my corporate world is in my rear view mirror - so I'm not mixing in groups of people. =  but me not young no more!

I probably will get the shot - eventually

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

The news reports I've heard on this stressed that the involved manufacturing plant has NOT been certified by the FDA for manufacturing the vaccine and NONE of the J&J vaccine used in the U.S. has been manufactured there.

Then how would this cause a delay?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I got the Moderna. Going for my 2nd shot 4/5. My local CVS giving them...but so were many other sites in my area, that just happened to be where they took me first.

If they had said it would be the J&J I was going to rebook with someone giving either Moderna or Pfizer. That was because when I Googled all of them for their effecacy, both Moderna and Pfizer were in the 90-something % effecacy. About 97-98% as I recall.

J&J was 40-something. At least when I researched it. I could be wrong but that's what I read.