Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@springers wrote:

Going to Milan, Lucca/Pisa, Florence, Chianti, Sienna,Parma. Any do's and donts appreciated. restaurants, and attractions. Thanks

@springers

Read Romeo & Juliet again > you reach Sienna.  The story is from there.

Don't miss the Navigli District in Milan the flea market on Saturday morning is amazing.  The Navigli district is a wonderful neighborhood with amazing shopping.

Romeo and Juliet is set in Verona.

Esteemed Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@springers wrote:

Going to Milan, Lucca/Pisa, Florence, Chianti, Sienna,Parma. Any do's and donts appreciated. restaurants, and attractions. Thanks

@springers

Read Romeo & Juliet again > you reach Sienna.  The story is from there.

Don't miss the Navigli District in Milan the flea market on Saturday morning is amazing.  The Navigli district is a wonderful neighborhood with amazing shopping.

Romeo and Juliet is set in Verona.

Yes it is , and Verona is a beautiful city....Juliets balcony is a bit corny but nice to send love letters from Juliets house via email...one of the best wine cellars in Europe is located in Verona at Antica Bottega del Vino (sister restaurant is in NYC) ...a very fashionable, cultured cosmopolitan city ....one of my favorite cities in Italy...if you are close enough, try to get there...well worth the side trip...

Respected Contributor

I would skip Pisa. Go to San Gimignano instead, it is close to Sienna (do not miss their cathedral ).

definitely pick Rick Steve's book to plan smartly your itinerary , he is very down to earth. 

Here is a few restaurants in Florence that I love.  Osteria  Vini e Vecchi Sapori.

Acqua al due( for their blueberry sauce stake)., Il Latini, Ristorante La Giostra.

Read tripadvisor also. And try to book restaurants and tickets to museums in advance. Your hotel staff can help .

Ciao!

Super Contributor

Enjoy!