Trusted Contributor

Going to Milan, Lucca/Pisa, Florence, Chianti, Sienna,Parma. Any do's and donts appreciated. restaurants, and attractions. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

DO put me in your carryon; DON'T forget!

Respected Contributor

Make reservations ahead of time for the Uffizi and the Accademia Gallery in Florence. The same is true if you want to see the Last Supper in Milan.  The lines can be extremely long depending on the time of year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@springers wrote:

Going to Milan, Lucca/Pisa, Florence, Chianti, Sienna,Parma. Any do's and donts appreciated. restaurants, and attractions. Thanks

I love Lucca, many fine restaurants there as in Sienna and Parma but if you like steak, you must try Florentine steak at Il Latini; always a long line so it is best to go to their website and make reservations before you leave...well, worth it...Parma has an excellent restaurant by the cathedral, it has an angel on top....the name escapes me...but all the food In Italy is excellent....not fond of Pisa, after tower, not too much there...

Respected Contributor

@springers wrote:

My only suggestion is that you try to include Venice on your itinerary!  It's like no other place in the world and was my favorite destination in Italy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@springers wrote:

I love Lucca, many fine restaurants there as in Sienna and Parma but if you like steak, you must try Florentine steak at Il Latini; always a long line so it is best to go to their website and make reservations before you leave...well, worth it...Parma has an excellent restaurant by the cathedral, it has an angel on top....the name escapes me...but all the food In Italy is excellent....not fond of Pisa, after tower, not too much there...

Angiol Di Or was the restaurant in Parma and Fuschetta 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

DO put me in your carryon; DON'T forget!

Hahaha!! I like the way you think!!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

As someone else has already said you really must get your timed entry tickets o the major museums on line ahead of time.  That will allow you to bypass the incredibily long lines waiting to buy tickets.  I would also sketch out at least in broad terms what sites you definitely want to see and write out some sort of a schedule to follow. 

Honored Contributor

@springers wrote:

@springers

Read Romeo & Juliet again > you reach Sienna.  The story is from there.

Don't miss the Navigli District in Milan the flea market on Saturday morning is amazing.  The Navigli district is a wonderful neighborhood with amazing shopping.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I did Italy in 1985...I took my time and did ALL the cities.  I would also suggest you add Venice and Rome.  It was one of the very best trips I ever did.  

I also suggest (as someone else here did) buy your attraction tickets to major Museums, etc. online.  I did this the last time I traveled to France, you won't regret it.  What a time saver,  you by pass the long lines...

Do have a safe and wonderful trip...Arrivederci!