Honored Contributor

Re: Italian Starbucks - wow!

@tipsy wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It's really something, but my husband makes better coffee than Starbucks.LOL No really.

I believe you! 

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer Dunkin' Donuts.  And the Italian Illy coffee is so good! 

@tipsy:  I've heard for many years that Dunkin' has great coffee, and at a decent price.  Do you buy it ground to brew at home?

Honored Contributor

Think I'll continue using my favorite.....Folgers "Black Silk".  Have been drinking it for quite some time now.  Yesterday when I placed my grocery order to instacart for delivering my groceries to me, I ordered and received two 24.2 oz. containers.   Normally they are $9.99....got each one for $6.99.  To me that is a good deal....and savings.  It will last me a while too.  

Since I don't drive and drink.....Dunkin Donuts is not near where I live and therefore I won't be trying it.  I know you can buy their coffee in the store, but will stick with my Folgers.

Honored Contributor

dunkin donuts coffee is way too weak for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I went to the Sarbucks Reserve Roastery in Seattle in May.  It looks very much like the photos of the one in Milan.  I think by fall there will also be one in Chicago and New York.  

They served tasting flights much like you would get in a winery or beer brewery.  You could choose different types of coffee - different varietals - or the same 'bean' with different brewing methods.  We had lunch there also and the food was very good.  

I wonder whether the Italians will embrace this new experience.  I understand the price of an espresso is regulated in Italy to ensure that everyone can afford it!

Esteemed Contributor

That's AMORE!!!!!!! Just bring a wad of cash!!!!!!! Italy has the BEST FOOD!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

You can have the espresso; I'll go for the pastries.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I showed the pics to DH...he is ready to buy airline tickets!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@feline groovy I only drink it when I go back east to visit family.  I'm in CA & there are 2 sort of nearby, but not close enough for me to grab a morning cup. DD tastes better than Starbucks IMO because to me the Starbucks has a burnt taste.  It even smells burnt, & I love the smell of coffee!  Just not Starbucks LOL. At home I use ground Yuban that I get at Costco....maybe I'm just not a coffee connoisseur!

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer Dunkin' Donuts.  And the Italian Illy coffee is so good! 

I also prefer DD - easily!  Not only is their coffee better but it's less expensive and they're less pretentious.  I like being able to order in small, medium, and large vs. whatever they're called at Starbucks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr

I make coffee every morning for myself - but a few weeks ago, a friend and I went to Starbucks in Oxnard, CA. I was asked what size I wanted and I said, medium -- and she holds up an empty cup that looked SMALL. She showed me the small cup and it looked like a toddler's cup. Couldn't believe it was $2.10 - and I treated my friend. Total $4.20. WOW!!!!!

I had several electric percolators over the last 5 years - and they all implode after a few months. So I've been without a coffee maker for a month now - and going thru withdrawal. The Bed/Bath closed near my house - so I have to make a half-hour drive and I get panicky driving. But I have to do it. I've been drinking Instant Coffee the last couple of weeks - but it's BAD!!! Not interested in Keurig -- just want a simple electric percolator --- they're only made to last a few months now - so disappointed.