Honored Contributor

Re: Italian Starbucks - wow!

I grind my coffee beans every morning, and make my own coffee specialty drinks on the weekends.  That's how much I love my  coffee (only one a day though).  It's my peaceful ritual I gift myself before news of the day or driving into work.  So this Starbucks in Milan would be like a wonderful dream! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i would LOVE to get one of these here in the usa.......well, more than one!

by the way tea drinkers, you may already know this but starbucks does brew tea also!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

this

Pastries and cakes on display at the first Reserve Roastery Starbucks to open in Europe in Milan, Italy, which will open its doors on Friday

alone

Honored Contributor

It's really something, but my husband makes better coffee than Starbucks.LOL No really.

Honored Contributor

We know where the rich go now in Milan.  It is simply beautiful.  Know I'll never be going there.  But, it would be fun to see it.

Guess they don't have any problems there with people handling food items like we do here.  Noticed no one was wearing gloves when handling food items.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i will have to take a closer look next time @ShowMe, but i do believe the workers in our starbucks do not wear gloves and use some type of paper to place the baked goods onto a plate or into a bag.....or they use tongs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i will have to take a closer look next time @ShowMe, but i do believe the workers in our starbucks do not wear gloves and use some type of paper to place the baked goods onto a plate or into a bag.....or they use tongs.

@sunshine45.......there are 2 Starbucks close by to where I live.  Have only been in one....one time.....  Don't know if they wear gloves there or not.  Someone had given me a gift card, and I took one of my friends there to use it....still have some bucks left on it.  That was some time ago, so hope it is still good.  

Did you notice they use "nitro"?  Read something about that, and that scares me.....

Honored Contributor

Makes me happy just to know it is there, ha.  How beautiful.  Everything to do with coffee is so pleasing, and serenity inducing.  I bet that place smells WONDERFUL.

And the people-watching would be so much fun, with all the high-style Milanese dropping in, maybe after an evening at La Scala....

Respected Contributor

Starbucks is one of my happy places. Love the coffee. Love the sous vide egg bites.

This one, in Milan, would be a VERY happy place! 💕

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

It's really something, but my husband makes better coffee than Starbucks.LOL No really.

I believe you! 

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer Dunkin' Donuts.  And the Italian Illy coffee is so good!