Super Contributor

Re: It's raining in Dallas!!!

@pommom wrote:

107 degress today.  Cool front coming through and we're supposed to dip down to 94 degrees tomorrow.  So happy.  Smiley Very Happy

Could you possibly send some of the rain to us here in New England?  We have a major drought currently and today it was nearly 100 degrees.  Needless to say, we are not used to that kind of heat.  I am so looking forward to our beautiful New England autumn.  I absolutely hate snow, but I cannot stand this heat. 

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@vickie25 @pommom

Have you been following the fire at Goff's next to SMU?

Loved that place waaay back when.

I've actually never heard of Goff's and I've lived in Dallas for 25 yrs.  I had to look it up.  Very sad.

Regular Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@duster95

Is your avatar a Collie?  Love them.  We had a Sheltie for 14 years.  She was absolutely the sweetest gal.  

It's a Sheltie! And he is the sweetest! We also have 2 collies. 

Respected Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@vickie25 @pommom

Have you been following the fire at Goff's next to SMU?

Loved that place waaay back when.

I've actually never heard of Goff's and I've lived in Dallas for 25 yrs.  I had to look it up.  Very sad.

During the 60s and 70s it was the hamburger in Big D.  They were yummy then.  Memories.  This was the last store i believe and it was just the name.  Gough sold some years ago.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pommom wrote:

@duster95

Is your avatar a Collie?  Love them.  We had a Sheltie for 14 years.  She was absolutely the sweetest gal.  

@pommom  @duster95   My avatar is a collie too, one that I lost last November.  I have since adopted a black tri purebred Sheltie boy.

Love my Sheltie and collies!

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom

Yes!  I saw it on the local news yesterday.  Our family LOVED Goff's and we would make a day of it going there for burgers.  So sad to see that icon gone.

Another must for us is Kuby's.  My friends opened that restaurant when they came to America from Germany.  It's refreshing to see their kids running it now.  Great authentic German food.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@ZoetheCat

(Cute nic) - I was born and raised  in Texas and still cannot get used to the blistering summers - BUT I wouldn't live anywhere else.  It's home for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown