Respected Contributor

It's pouring rain here...................again

dot raven.jpgI think this is the third or fourth day in a row now of rain, lightning and thunder..........this keeps up and our drought will be a thing of the past.........yahooooooooooooooooooo........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

Re: It's pouring rain here...................again

Here in Illinois, we have gotten so much rain that some of the crops are under water.

Hyacinth   Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Raven, it is amazing some of the rain totals around the state. We only have had fifteen minutes total in Santa Barbara.

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Raven, it is amazing some of the rain totals around the state. We only have had fifteen minutes total in Santa Barbara.

dot raven.jpgIsn't it crazy..........and you're not that far from me........we've gotten more rain in the last four days then we got all winter long..................raven

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Here in Illinois, we have gotten so much rain that some of the crops are under water.

Hyacinth   Smiley Surprised

dot raven.jpgwe have some areas here now that are under water.........but they are far and few between.......gonna be interesting this winter with El Nino predictions.......gonna be a very wet winter.................................raven

Respected Contributor

Although the fog has come in it is too hot and muggy to sleep. Saw on the news at eleven that we only have had a tenth of an inch of rain total for the four days.

Regular Contributor

Raven, I am glad to hear your state is getting the much needed rain. We are really having the perfect summer here. A lot of years we end up with brown lawns from lack of rain and temps to high but we are averaging about 2 inches of rain every week with temps being pretty steady in high 70's to low 80's. Another plus this summer is far fewer mosquitoes. We can actually sit outside at night and not be eaten alive.

Honored Contributor

And it has finally stopped raining here in the NE. We had some light rain overnight last night but today is bright and sunny. 

Most of the farmers fields here are muddy swamps and the flowers and crops are dismal looking here from lack of sun. We are getting sun now but it may be too late.

Valued Contributor

dot raven.jpgwe have some areas here now that are under water.........but they are far and few between.......gonna be interesting this winter with El Nino predictions.......gonna be a very wet winter.................................raven

raven, do you mind telling me what county you live in?  If not, that's OK.  I live inbetween San Francisco and Sacramento and we have had no rain.  Very muggy but no rain.  Overnight the sea breeze kicked in so it will be much less muggy today and cooler, for which I am grateful.

Respected Contributor

dot raven.jpgIt's no secret where I live..........Kern County....You're North of me......and you normally get the rain as it generally passes us by and hit more North of us.....it rained here again last night really good.........today is blue skies and MUGGY.......we actually even had tule fog in areas beacuse of all the moisture and the heat........way weird weather since we only get fog in the winter months......NEVER the summer and it's the first I've ever encountered fog in the summer..........................................raven