Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth has knighted, among others, Richard Starkey aka Ringo Starr and Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees.  

I sure hope Sir Ringo was able to act naturally during the ceremony.  I'm sure he did, with a little help from his friend, already-knighted Sir Paul.  Heart

Beatles forever!  Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeaaaaaah!

Source:  Foxnews online

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Sir Ringo Starr now!

I always like him the best   Heart

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I always like him the best   Heart

@cherry  I didn't, but am still thrilled he was knighted.   He seems to be a very, very nice person from everything I've ever read about him.  I remember when Lennon was killed Smiley Sad  Ringo left the Bahamas immediately where he was vacationing with his wife, and went to NYC to see if there was anything he could do  for Yoko.  That's just one of many very nice stories I've read about him.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:
Spoiler

Seems like this would have happened years ago. Better late than never. Congratulations!

@Nancy Drew  Better now than posthumously.  He is getting up there in years....

Respected Contributor

Didn’t this happen in December?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee,

The B are classics and Ringo is lots of fun he deserves it🌻plus talented and low maintenance for a real celebrity.

Esteemed Contributor

I know I saw. Its so cool! Long time Beatles fan! Love Ringo and Paul and also Barry Gibb. I saw Ringo and his all star band, and Barry (with the Bee Gees) in concert. Never saw Paul yet and hopefully I will still get to! :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Occasional Contributor

Finally got his long overdue recognition. He has always been underrated.

. Great Talent. Congrats, Sir Ringo!

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I know I saw. Its so cool! Long time Beatles fan! Love Ringo and Paul and also Barry Gibb. I saw Ringo and his all star band, and Barry (with the Bee Gees) in concert. Never saw Paul yet and hopefully I will still get to! :-)

@Shorty2U  I have seen Sir Paul three times in concert, the last two times within the past two years.  He puts on a fabulous concert.  Please do go see him if you get a chance.  My sister in Florida saw him on his latest tour and was so happy she'd gone (she really couldn't afford it).   She also  thought it was fabulous (her word) and a memory that will last a lifetime.  Sir Paul's concerts are, by far, the best live music I have ever seen, and I go to quite a few live music concerts each year.