Honored Contributor

Re: It's SNOWING!!

[ Edited ]

Western New York (Buffalo, Rochester, and maybe Syracuse)) got a fair amount of snow - 7 to 8 inches - from yesterday to this morning.  But there seem to be few school closings.  They know how to handle it up there.

This is from a webcam in Rochester (outside Jines Restaurant on Park Ave.) at Tuesday noon.

jines.JPG

Honored Contributor

We saw some nitwit driving today, with at least 6 inches of snow covering their back window. They had scraped a tiny bit of snow ,from the drivers  ,and passengers, side windows, to see in the mirrors ,that were only 1/2 cleaned off..I wished for the police to come along. They deserved a ticket. How lazy can you get?

Respected Contributor

I'm more NE Pa. and no snow here, though they said we might see just a bit. I think the Poconos are supposed to get some. They are making snow for skiing for their opening this weekend. Earliest ever, I heard.

Contributor
@haddon9. I live very close to you and had to run down the city this morning to run some errands just as the rain was turning over to snow. Now that I am home it is full fledged snow coming down. Looks very pretty! ❄❄
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

We saw some nitwit driving today, with at least 6 inches of snow covering their back window. They had scraped a tiny bit of snow ,from the drivers  ,and passengers, side windows, to see in the mirrors ,that were only 1/2 cleaned off..I wished for the police to come along. They deserved a ticket. How lazy can you get?

i'll say it again.....you can't fix stupid.....

Esteemed Contributor

I hate snow ❄️!! To me it's more trouble than it's worth. So far all rain here in central Long Island.Expecting some sort of mix this afternoon.Yuck!!

Honored Contributor

Still snowing in Soufh Joisey.  Not sticking though.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 

I'm in Southern Maryland, and we are getting wet snow now.

Thankfully, I no longer have to commute, but I worry about everyone that still has to drive the roads.  Even if they are not slick, it is a madhouse.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's SNOWING!!

[ Edited ]

Oh, how I miss the snow. I asked my hubby to get me a snow machine, lol. And, I do miss the colder weather being a former Jersey girl. 

I feel like that commercial on TV where the house looks like a snow globe. My hubby likes warm, I like cold and snow!

Honored Contributor

They are predicting light snow for us later this afternoon.  The meteorologists were giddy with delight this morning, like 5 year old waiting for that first snowfall.  Not enough to accumulate, thank heavens.  It's the cold that will come in tonight that got my attention.  Teens tonight, low twenties tomorrow.