Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's A Small Thing But So Annoying

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Bubby Mommy wrote:

To the Original Poster:

I agree with you 150%.  Since when did it become acceptable to be a filthy slob in a nice restaurant?  Men/boys should NOT wear hats indoors.  One exception - if they want to wear the baseball caps in a restaurant, save it for McDonalds.  I am disgusted with the disrespectful, "it's all about me" attitudes in this country. 

@Bubby Mommy   So then would it be all about you?

Referring to other people as filthy slobs kind of implies you expect the world to rotate around your perception of how it should be.

Just sayin'.

thumbsup.png

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I wear hats frequently, and generally do not remove them simply to dine.  Does it matter what kind of hat?  I don't wear ball caps (they are not flattering on me).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Accepting people who are all different, who act different, dress different, I'm all onboard.

Heck, is it ok to just prefer not to see hats?

I'm ok with that too. Or not if it doesn't bother you.

Saying people are a certain way cause theyd prefer no hats in restaurants is just as ridiculous as anything else that's judgemental.

We''re just talking about dang hats!

It's ok to express an opinion either way.

I like how my father was and that's why i feel the same. But I'm used to seeing hats on and I'm not going to judge the person under it either! I just think its nice when they remove them, that's all.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering what classy restuarant the OP is talking about that caters to baseball cap wearing crowd?  Is all the time or one time?  I reside in a large metropolitan area and the better restuarants I've been in- I've not seen the phenomenon.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  men and women who have cancer or other medical issues are permitted to wear a hat anywhere, anytime.  The following applies to all others.

75D61BD8-3861-4124-8CA6-37E9FB616A85.jpeg

F9B262CB-122B-4925-8800-90A73DCB9924.jpeg

Valued Contributor

When I go out to eat at a nice restaurant, my FOCUS is on the atmosphere, the people I'm dining with, the food, and the service, NOT on what other people are wearing.

I could care less if men are wearing hats while dining.

Respected Contributor

Casual restaurants and diners hats being worn is perfectly fine.  But in a fine dining establishment with table cloths and such, NO.  Just no! Some of the nicer restaurants have dress codes.  Time and place for everything and I say no hats worn in finer restaurants.

Respected Contributor

Funny, I was raised in a religion that hats were required to be worn by women in church, but men were forbidden to.  Now that's all been done away with.

We do live in a much more casual world today and as long as a person is clean, neat and polite in a social situation, I don't give a hoot what they wear.

Now if someone comes out in public wearing pants on their heads, I might give it an extra look.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Frequent Contributor

I think what was respectable years ago is changing and it's about time. My husband wears his hat while dining, we both wear casual attire to church, weddings, etc. There is so many other more important things to complain about and this isn't one of them. 

Respected Contributor

Just that is the way it is, I understand to take a hat off but we live in a different world.