Honored Contributor

Medicare Advantage plans have started calling  daily 2-3 times a day wanting to hawk Medicare plans. I dread this time of yr. along with Halloween every yr.

Yes, I got call blocker but when it's a local area code I'm afraid not to pick up then i hit the red button on the blocker unit.

PITA

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE , why do you dread Halloween? If you don't want trick or treaters, just turn your lights off. I haven't gotten any for years because no one in my neighborhood goes around to houses; they usually have a party or get together. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

yeah, I do, but, hate having to live with a flashlight in my own home.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    Hmmmm, you must be on somebody's list because I've never gotten a single call about anything to do with Medicare.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE I think you only have to turn off porch lights. Not the lights inside your house. 

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

My phone has been ringing off the hook from Medicare callers I'm sure. I just let it ring and they never leave messages so I know they're selling something.

My mailbox is filling up will fliers from Medicare offers and also the politicwap stuff too. Goes in the trash.

Throw Toss GIF - Throw Toss Paper - Discover & Share GIFs

Respected Contributor

We get some calls during the day, but if we don't recognize the number, we let it go to voicemail.  If it's important, they will leave a message.  99% of the time, no message.

They are irritating though if you get numerous ones throughout the day.

As for Halloween, I'd just keep the porch light turned off and if the doorbell rings, don't answer.  Not everyone wants to participate.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

@SilleeMee @You know it's a solicitor when they hang up after 3 or 4 rings.  They don't want to talk to an answering machine and most are set to pick up after 4 rings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My elderly Aunt was having trouble with kids ringing the doorbell and running away she had my sister disconnect it. Then they bang on the door this is late at night.

We think it might be a dementia issue though. Not sure if it's real or not

I live in a nice neighborhood and cop is next door,. I don't want to get them started coming here. I'd be afraid in this time to send my kids to strangers houses in first place.

Churches have trunk or treat take them to something that you can think

is less dangerous or a group get together sponsored by a school or something.   Don't know how these stupid holidays begin. They get out of hand. Starts with Mother's Day then you got Father's Day, then you got Grandparents Day. Halloween I never really understood either.

Honored Contributor

Don't worry. If all goes according to plan, pretty soon you won't hear about Medicare at all anymore.

I'm sure everyone will enjoy not having all this red tape to complain about anymore.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr