Honored Contributor

Is there a QVC/Zulily connection?

I've noticed recently that the 'New on QVC: Sneak Previews and Special Deals' emails that I get from Q, now have a Zulily ad in the body of the email, with a link to "Shop Zulily now". I have only seen this in these emails, not the TSV emails or others..

I'm not talking about the ad appearing on the sides of the email, it's part of the email itself.

Just curious if Q and Zulily are connected somehow. I sure hope Q doesn't sell ad space in their emails to other sites.....I get enough ads as it is, LOL!

I bet if we posted a link to a sale at Zulily in a thread, it would be poofed in a heartbeat, LOL!

Copied from the email:

Now on zulily: Nautica

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a QVC/Zulily connection?

QVC bought Zulily...

Honored Contributor

@bri20

Now it makes sense! Thanks Beachy, I hadn't heard anything about that!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've noticed recently that the 'New on QVC: Sneak Previews and Special Deals' emails that I get from Q, now have a Zulily ad in the body of the email, with a link to "Shop Zulily now". I have only seen this in these emails, not the TSV emails or others..

I'm not talking about the ad appearing on the sides of the email, it's part of the email itself.

Just curious if Q and Zulily are connected somehow. I sure hope Q doesn't sell ad space in their emails to other sites.....I get enough ads as it is, LOL!

I bet if we posted a link to a sale at Zulily in a thread, it would be poofed in a heartbeat, LOL!

Copied from the email:

Now on zulily: Nautica

Hi IG.   I found out about this recently.  I also heard Kirsten mention the connection a few weeks ago! 

Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Hi @winamac1!

I never watch Q, so I missed that!

You and Hubs have a great weekend too, GF!

Smiley MSN Emoticon heart 024.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Liberty Interactive owns QVC and Zulily.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/08/17/liberty-interactive-acquires-zulily/31841741/

They also own about 35% of HSN.  

Honored Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

QVC bought Zulily...

@bri20 QVC DID NOT BUY ZULILY.  They are both own by Liberty Interactive.  Each has its own CEO and operates independently.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Beachy1 wrote:

QVC bought Zulily...

@bri20 QVC DID NOT BUY ZULILY.  They are both own by Liberty Interactive.  Each has its own CEO and operates independently.

Could someone explain what Zulily is? I've seen the ads , but never used it. Are they used products or what?

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redhead65  Zulily is a discount shopping site that has all types of merchandise.  They feature a selection of items that are only available 2-3 days, then they disappear.  You place an order, they get the merchandise from the manufacturer's warehouse, it's shipped to Zulily, then they assemble your order and ship it too you.  Shipping is slow.  They don't take returns unless something is broken or the wrong item is sent.  They do have excellent CS.

They have fantastic buys on shoes which is mostly what I buy.  They are pristine, straight from the factory, never tried on.  I guess they have nice stuff for kids.  I don't buy any clothing there as the sizing is too iffy and the stuff looks cheap.  I've also gotten linens, kitchen items, vases and decorative glassware, things for the patio and garden, a little jewelry, a watch, etc.

I got a package from them today which contained a set of four dishtowels, a set of 3 decorative bird finials, and a turquoise leather tote for summer.

You pay one $6.95 shipping charge per day and everything else you buy that day ships free.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment