Super Contributor

Is anyone else not able to log on to Facebook..?

This is what I see: fb glitch idk...jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not able to log on to Facebook..?

I'm able to log on.

Trusted Contributor

I googled this ...

Don’t be panic if you ever see this error message, “Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.” From what we know about it, your account is completely fine. It’s just an error message triggered from a random server or client side error.

Just like what it says, Facebook might be facing unexpected issue and they need time to resolve the problem. Site maintenance can take a while. So, sit back and have a cup of tea and chill out. Try again in a few minutes.

If it’s still unaccessible even after 1 hour, ask your friends around to see if they are able to access to their account. If they are too not able to access to Facebook, Facebook might be doing something big behind that takes quite a lot of time. At this time, there’s nothing you can do about it other than sit back and wait. Don’t try to be smart and mess with things in the computer you don’t understand. All you can do now is wait patiently.

If your friends can access to their Facebook accounts while you can’t, it may means that the problem appears because somethings not right in your computer.

The very first thing to try is to clear your browser cache. The reason behind this solution is that sometimes your browser will show you old caches which was already far outdated and should be refreshed. You will need to clear these old caches before you can load a new page from the server. It simply means that Facebook might have already solved the issue but you are still loading page that was maybe a day ago. To clear your browser cache, follow the following steps to ensure you are not browsing the old cached page:

• Internet Explorer users: Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete… -> select only Cookies -> Delete
  • Mozilla Firefox users: Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy tab -> Show cookies -> Scroll down and look for mediafire cookies folder and delete it
  • Google Chrome users: Click on the Customize button -> Option -> Under the hood -> Clear browsing history -> Make sure Delete Cookies and other site data is checked -> Click Clear browsing data

Other than clearing the cache, proxy can sometimes be the source of the problem. If you’re using any proxy for your connection, unless you are very sure about what you are actually doing, proxy can often mess up the connection between websites and your computer. Check if you have previously set to connect via a proxy and disable it if you don’t need it and see if the problem persist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had no problems with Facebook today, @msh8970.    Excellent post, @MezzieStarr!    I advise clearing all browser cookies/cache/website data regularly (I do it at least once a day on all my devices), closing the browser, then relaunching it.    That, by itself, can clear up or prevent a multitude of problems.

In addition to the info in your post, sometimes it's just the specific server we connect to when accessing Facebook.    For that reason, others might see no problems because they're connected to different servers.

There are many good websites that have info about sites that might be having problems.    Just do a search for something like:

"is Facebook down"

and you'll see all the report sites.    I would post links, but there are so many of them so a search will do just as well.    For me, at least, it's easier to remember the simple search than to keep track of the links to the report sites.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I googled this ...

Don’t be panic if you ever see this error message, “Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.” From what we know about it, your account is completely fine. It’s just an error message triggered from a random server or client side error.

Just like what it says, Facebook might be facing unexpected issue and they need time to resolve the problem. Site maintenance can take a while. So, sit back and have a cup of tea and chill out. Try again in a few minutes.

If it’s still unaccessible even after 1 hour, ask your friends around to see if they are able to access to their account. If they are too not able to access to Facebook, Facebook might be doing something big behind that takes quite a lot of time. At this time, there’s nothing you can do about it other than sit back and wait. Don’t try to be smart and mess with things in the computer you don’t understand. All you can do now is wait patiently.

If your friends can access to their Facebook accounts while you can’t, it may means that the problem appears because somethings not right in your computer.

The very first thing to try is to clear your browser cache. The reason behind this solution is that sometimes your browser will show you old caches which was already far outdated and should be refreshed. You will need to clear these old caches before you can load a new page from the server. It simply means that Facebook might have already solved the issue but you are still loading page that was maybe a day ago. To clear your browser cache, follow the following steps to ensure you are not browsing the old cached page:

• Internet Explorer users: Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete… -> select only Cookies -> Delete
  • Mozilla Firefox users: Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy tab -> Show cookies -> Scroll down and look for mediafire cookies folder and delete it
  • Google Chrome users: Click on the Customize button -> Option -> Under the hood -> Clear browsing history -> Make sure Delete Cookies and other site data is checked -> Click Clear browsing data

Other than clearing the cache, proxy can sometimes be the source of the problem. If you’re using any proxy for your connection, unless you are very sure about what you are actually doing, proxy can often mess up the connection between websites and your computer. Check if you have previously set to connect via a proxy and disable it if you don’t need it and see if the problem persist.

Awesome info, thank you for sharing!! Smiley Happy 

I can get on now.. I just have never seen that in all my yrs of FB..lol 

Trusted Contributor

@msh8970 glad you got back on.  Probably just a hiccup on Facebook's end. Smiley Happy